T34 Repair vehicle

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FUNKER
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

T34 Repair vehicle

Post by FUNKER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Please does anybody have an illustration and or history of a "T34 REPAIR VEHICLE" :?:
I would assume it would have been a T34 chassis without a turret, but fitted with equipment to repair and possibly tow stricken T34's :?
Patrick

Dave T
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: T34 Repair vehicle

Post by Dave T » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:00 pm

Hi Funker,
Try this site: http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ussr/tanks_medium/t34.html
or
http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=4970

or http://www.battlefront.co.nz/Article.asp?ArticleID=54
or http://henk.fox3000.com/t34-2.htm
See TT34. There is also a little about this version in The Hughes and Mann book about the T34,.
According to the Osprey book on T34/85, turretless conversions were undertaken by workshops during the war, but did not become common until after the war. This book has a couple of photos of recovery variants - simple turretless and later built up superstructure type.

monster

Post by monster » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:38 am

Awesome links.

Now the only problem is I want one of each..

The list I want to build grows once again :D

Sean
1/6th .....is here Leo 2A6
1/8th T34, M1 A1
1/16 Leo1
1/24 Leo2A6, 2x abrams and 2 x Tigers
definitely not selling the ute now
I will need to extend the garage soon

FUNKER

Post by FUNKER » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:34 am

Thank you Dave T. :lol:
You have been very busy :idea:
There is alot of information concerning kits, which is very useful. 8) but
it is a shame there are so few photos available, you found more than me, I only found one.
:oops:
Patrick

Dave T

Post by Dave T » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:46 pm

You're welcome Funker. I put in the legwork a few months ago when I was looking for a suitable T34 pic to copy markings for my 1/6th model. I found gazzillions of T34s on Google Image - loads of which were models - but eventually found what I wanted in a Zaloga book. I have since confirmed that the Jim Plume of the Duxford Aviation Society Vehicle Section, used the same souce to decorate their running T34/85 - actually a postwar Polish model.

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:30 pm

Funker,
If you are interested in a more complex conversion then the post war VT-34 might be of interest. I like it a) because there is one in the UK and b) because, like the Centurion ARV Mk2, it owes a lot to the BergePanther!
heres a link to Accurate Armour's 1/35th kit: http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/modern/aac12.htm

cheers
Fabrice

FUNKER

Post by FUNKER » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:29 am

Fabrice,
Yes You are correct I am interested in the VT-34 and thank you for informing me about it. :lol:
Please where is the one in the UK :?:
Patrick

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm

Funker,
The Budge Collection have one, I believe. There is a very good write-up of the conversion in "Movers, Haulers, Pushers and Shakers: Modelers Guide to Engineering and Recovery Vehicles; Part 1 Tracked" published by Military Miniatures in Review and Ampersand Publishing Co. Inc. 2001.

Sorry no ISBN details listed but I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in scale ARVs (even though it has no German WW2 entries!)

Some other photo essays of VT-34s are out there; try Google.

Cheers
Fabrice

warspite

Post by warspite » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:33 am

Is the Budge collection still in existance? Does anyone know the owners?

Cheers,

Chieftain 900

Post by Chieftain 900 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:41 am

Budge long gone and the vehicles dispersed all over the place
Bob G

Heavy cav rules

http://www.Isallt.com

dandare01

Post by dandare01 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 pm

Well if it isn't a small world, I found a contact on the web from a chap called Bob Fleming, he was one of the original finders for the Budge Collection, now I though it being 20 miles away from me, it would be cool to make contact so I have and they will contact me when next years dates are sorted. So we could maybe show our armour and see the collection etc.
Robert

(don't forget I'm still a moderator)

Kingtiger, Panther, Berge Panther, Hetzer, Berge Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV L70, Panzer IV, Flakpanzer IV, Stuart, M16 Half track, 2 x WSC's, 3 Jeeps, 3 x Kubels, 3 x Kettenkrad, SdkfZ 251 250, & Opel Blitz.

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:31 pm

Robert,
Can you ask him where the VT-34 went?
cheers
Fabrice