The End Of the UKTC SE Div?

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Humpy
Forum Administrator

The End Of the UKTC SE Div?

Post by Humpy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:27 am

Chaps,

Last night I had two Policemen come to my door to inform me that our Iveco truck had been stolen from the BT yard where we keep it. I went with them to see what was what and was confronted with two piles, and I do mean piles of tanks, halftracks, tools, batteries in fact most of the contents of the lorry where whoever stole it had emptied it to make room for loads of drums of copper cable (ie scrap). I'm not kidding you, I thought I was in a nightmare. My 1/6th JP, which most of you will know is my pride and joy, was laying on it's side on top of Bryan's Tiger 1 at a crazy angle and Howard's JS was upside down on it's turret. After making sure with the Police, myself, Howard and Richard managed to move everything undercover and out of the rain. Miraculously there seems to be very little damage done although we couldn't drive any of the models (except my JP which I'd had the new radio set on charge inside) as the Transmitters for all the tanks had gone with the truck. In fact Big Dave's King Tiger, both generators , both tents, the removable gun barrels, the tables and chairs and all the cooking gear have gone as well, plus one or two other things. I suppose we should be greatfull for small mercies in that the truck wasn't stolen complete with all the tanks and stuff but I do find that a bitter pill to swallow. The police are on the case but whether we shall ever see the truck again who knows. The only solace is that it is insured so we should get something out of it.

Where do we go from here? Well, to be honest I don't know. It depends on what happens now with the truck I guess. Will this be the end of the UKTC SE Div? Again I don't know. I sincerely hope not. I'd like to think that a small bunch of worthless individuals can't destroy all the happiness and goodwill that the whole tanky thing has made but you could understand if members of the truck consortium won't want to get involved again in such a project. To say that I'm gutted is a bit of an understatement but I personaly am not prepared to let a bunch of scum destroy that which we have created. Meantime if anybody sees a bright yellow Iveco 7.5 tonner reg R497 JKN give me a call on 07918102753 and I'll let the law know.

Humpy

PS Sorry that my posting is not up to it's usual standard but under the circumstances...
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

Chieftain 900

Re: The End Of the UKTC SE Div?

Post by Chieftain 900 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:38 am

What can one say in these circumstances, having been the victim of similar incidents I know just how you feel. Heads up and go forward otherwise the shi*s have won
Bob G

Heavy cav rules

http://www.Isallt.com

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:02 am

Hello Mate

As we just discussed,, try and look forward,, dont let the bastards get you down.
If there are any parts for the Tanks you need, just let me know.

Hopefully the Truck will be dumped,, with most of the equipment still in it.

Good job you left it Yellow!!

All the best

Mark.

gkwchallenger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by gkwchallenger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:14 am

Lads,

Very sorry to hear the bad news, and sincerley mean it. What can i say, im lost for words too. Why can't these sh~tbags leave things alone. Alot of time and effort has gone into that truck aswell as money, and i thought it was a brilliant idea. Now some T~@t has gone and spoilt it .

Chin up lads, and keep going...

Regards

Gary

warriorant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by warriorant » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:37 am

Hi Stuart and the rest of the UKTC SE Div,

I too would like to say how disgusted I am at hearing your news. Don't let these scum ruin what you had. Hopefully, once these dickheads have got their scrap money your truck will be found or maybe it will be spotted in the meantime :evil: :evil: Typical of the way this country is going, you have all got to bounce back and keep going so these scum don't win. You have to ask yourself what would be their punishment if found anyway. Maybe a warning, maybe a fine, I know we would have a much better way of sorting them out. As everyone has said, KEEP GOING.

Thanks Antony

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:37 am

Hello Stuart and SE Tankers, well I am shocked! Especially as we were talking about this very thing at Peters recently. I am also glad that your tanks have been saved, and hope the insurance will fully cover you for your loss. This news has really spoilt my day, as I am sure yours as well. I only joined the club a year and half ago and have met you guys at most of the shows this year. This dreadful thing could not have happened to a nicer bunch of lads who made me feel at home at all the events we met at. The only way to stop any further theft of your vehicle is a wheel clamp! So very sorry to hear the news . Best wishes ROBIN.

Steve H

Post by Steve H » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:06 pm

This is terrible news. At least the tanks are safe. Keep an eye on eBay for the other stuff you never know. :(

dandare01

Post by dandare01 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:41 pm

Oh man, what can I say? Like Mark said look forward, and hopefully somethin nasty will happen to the thievin bastards :evil: . Fingers crossed on recovering the lorry and contents.
Robert

(don't forget I'm still a moderator)

Kingtiger, Panther, Berge Panther, Hetzer, Berge Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV L70, Panzer IV, Flakpanzer IV, Stuart, M16 Half track, 2 x WSC's, 3 Jeeps, 3 x Kubels, 3 x Kettenkrad, SdkfZ 251 250, & Opel Blitz.

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:35 pm

Had the lorry had BT plastered all over it I guess they would have left it. Don't know what to say, so much time money and effort. Glad to hear that the tanks survived almost undamaged and all for what , scrap value of copper. :twisted: :evil: :cry:

A branding iron or a carefully placed red hot poker would be too light punishment, but if it was only used to transport the stolen cable then it may well reappear.

Gutted!!!!!!!!!!!
TwoR's -
MAASSCKT-1-TANK Tiger owner
UKTC Official Photographer
M-1-T Official Photographer
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

Trackpins

Post by Trackpins » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:39 pm

So sorry to read this Stuart.

Anything Dave and I can do for all of you in replacements parts that we have provided just ask. FOC of course.

Equally I have some free time. Any repairs, resprays, rewiring or the like, I'm more than happy to do for you all.

Just get them to Bromley!

Sorry again for the terrible news.

Peter.
Last edited by Trackpins on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger332

Post by Tiger332 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:42 pm

I actually feel sick to my stomach, that's terrible news :evil: , I really hope you somehow manage to get the rest of your gear back.

Good luck,

Vince.
A bad day tanking is better than a good day in the office.

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:54 pm

Stuart,
Really sorry to hear this grim news. Hope the repairs will not take too long. Like eveyone else says, if you need any help, just ask. Pay-back time for all your hard work running this great club!
Best wishes,
Fabrice

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:00 pm

Ye Gads, sorry to hear that fellows. Sounds like the work of feckin Gypo's to me.

If you ever find the culprits, give me a poke, I have plenty of balaclava's and large heavy blunt instruments (and a few pointy ones too), hmmmm, allegedly :shock:

Seriously though, if you do find out who it was I am more than happy to help you kick the ten balls of s**t out of them....
'There is a certain Quality in Quantity'

'Remember a hot glue gun is for life..not just for Xmas'

I have Aspirin and am not afraid to use it

KWK088

Post by KWK088 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:15 pm

Stuart and all others who suffers in this.

Can`t explain in word how sorry I am reading about what has happened to you..
Can do little to help living outside UK but want you to know my sympathy in this sad occurrence.
Hope you all have the strength to repair and go on as before so the bad guys don`t win.

Sincerely - Kent, your friend in Sweden.
1/6th T34-85, 1/8th Panther Ausf A #424, 1/8th T34-85, 1/6th Hetzer kit, 1/6th Panther G kit, 1/6th Tiger1 Late kit and a 1/6th Panzer IV kit

colinfair

Post by colinfair » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:18 pm

to all

sorry to read about your loss of gear dont let the scumbags win :evil: you must soldier on. with ebay mentioned above ring the local r/c - model shops and give them the heads up you never know

good luck

colin