restored Jagedpanther pics

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Tiger1331

restored Jagedpanther pics

Post by Tiger1331 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:17 pm

Just a few pics of the superbly restored jagedpanther on a late G chassis,with it running through the streets for the first time in 60 years.
fortunatly i was able to get a recording off this monster Maybach for use on my sound module,it really is smooth sounding engine !
Also here in the UK we may be lucky enough to see the other jagedpanther being privately restored currently,running next year !,i have head they have precurred a number of vital parts to complete its restoration from Germany recently,enjoy the pics !

dave

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:49 am

Dave,

I've got some more of these pictures sent from a friend which I'll post on my JagdPanther website when I can extricate myself from building my kitchen! Nice to see though, JP JP JP gimme gimme gimme :D

Humpy

PS Any chance of some sound samples?

Steve Norris

JP pics

Post by Steve Norris » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:49 pm

Looks superb.
Which museum is it in and where in the Uk is the privately owned JP ?
Steve

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:35 pm

Steve,

I believe the restored JP is at the Koblenz museum in Germany. I posted some links last year of a website with some downloadable videos of their Panther G tearing along the street! No barriers, no Health and Safety, no security just the beautiful noise of a Maybach at full tilt :shock: Bliss! The website is http://www.jagdtiger.de but I can't seem to find the videos now. The pictures that Dave posted show the same piece of road and buildings.

As for the JP being restored in the UK, I have been to see it but was sworn to secrecy! However all I will say is that it's not very far away from me :wink: and it should be ready for next year (at least that was the debut forecast last year!).

Humpy

Tiger332

Post by Tiger332 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:22 pm

Here is an article and photo of the JP being restored in the UK, I'm hoping to see it next year if everything goes according to plan.

I hope you can read the article as it sounds like one heck of a restoration project.

Vince
A bad day tanking is better than a good day in the office.

007Kiwi

Post by 007Kiwi » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:25 am

Thats one cool looking restoration Job!!! 8)

I 2nd the motion on the sound sample to listen to too!

mp3?

pls pls pls

Regards

Brett
NZ
Battlegroup
South Pacific

:techie-ebay: