Rust

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
warriorant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rust

Post by warriorant » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:46 am

Hi all,

Just a short note to see what you think. As I was looking through various model sites I seem to come across alot of model tanks that are covered in rust. When a tank is used all the time, painted, camoflauged, white washed etc. I don't think it would rust straight away. Surely the life expectancy of most WWII tanks was not that long enough for the tank to rust. Tank crews also looked after there tanks if you read a few books with experiences of the crews. Imagine going into battle with a rusty tank, trying to traverse the turret and hearing it squeak to a rusty stop. :shock:

Thanks Warriorant
Last edited by warriorant on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_Kramer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:46 pm

Good point , I suspect that the tanks would not be covered in rust but would have certainly had some rust. Back in the summer my tiger got a shunt in the rear which dented the exhaust shrouds and paint flaked off which is now beginning to rust and I guess that would be true for all the other dinks around the place. Mine is generally covered in filth with some of the more obviously used parts like handles having a bare metal polish look. Where the paint gets chipped, scraped or just plain dented, where bare metal is exposed, over time it will get rusty or rust would start to bleed through paint. I guess the happy medium is somewhere between clean and shiney and a burnt out shell, a few dents and scrapes, some rust and a lot of filth, Oh thats mine :lol: I always think a nice clean paint job looks wrong, I got enough ribbing about it when mine was new.

Garry