Help sound options!

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndyR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help sound options!

Post by AndyR » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:08 am

Just speaking to thomas benedini.

Tbs5 or tbs mini?

He is suggesting the mini because its a simpler set up.

Just wondering if its worth pursuing with the tbs5???

I only need engine noises and the sync'd to the smoker and tracks......

How difficult is it to modify your transmitter to accept the tbs5 sound selector?

Cheers
AndyR
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy...........

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Help sound options!

Post by Humpy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:31 am

Andy,
Either are very very good! I prefer the TBS5 personaly but its horses for courses. As for fitting the Encoder, its not too dificult, there are plenty of people who can advise you with that! You will need a proportional channel to connect it too though so bear that in mind if you're buying a transmitter ie a Futaba 6EX wont work but a 7C will...
Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

AndyR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by AndyR » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:45 am

Cheers humpy.

Looks like its the tbsmini then as its cheaper and I only need engine noises!!

Ok, so on transmitters, what do you recommend??

Will it work with a turnigy transmitter?

Essentially I need it to fit a 2.4ghz transmitter which comes with 6 channels or more.

Cheers
Andy

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Andy,

I'm a bit of a snob with radio gear and only use Futaba kit now after having bad experiences with other stuff! Dont know much about the Turnigy kit but as long as its got a trim knob for instance it should be capable of being modded.

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:59 pm

mini for me mate just bought one to go in my panther lovely bit of kit and sounds brill and the service from Thomas was brill

AndyR

Post by AndyR » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Great thanks for the replys.

With the mini, how did you hook up your ESC's?

Only one can be fed through the system, but the tbs5 can scan both ESC's..........it's all bloody complicated!

Cheers
AndyR

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:56 pm

to be honest mate I am not doing the rewire and upgraded electronics work a very good mate of mine Tony is doing that . but I am sure one of the guys on here can help maybe supply a diagram or pic .

I have bought the Y cable one male two female from Thomas it connects the 2 esc units it is 4.90 euro and you will find it under the TBS sound unit section in accesories on the web site

AndyR

Post by AndyR » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Well, I went for it!!

I ordered:-
Soundunit TBS Mini, Challenger sound, Autostart mode, Oil smoke control on Out 3+4;
Special Y-cable for easy connection of second speed channel (1xmale, 2xfemale plugs);
PC Programming cable (USB);
2x40W amplifier;
2pcs Visaton R10S speaker (4");

Just not quite sure how I can connect up the ESC's from the receiver to the tbs mini then onto the ESC's......

Really not sure on that one, have asked Thomas to provide an idiots guide ;)

Very excited now, fighting chance i might get her fired up next week, at least with sound and smoke!

Cheers
Andy

chieftain900

Post by chieftain900 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Should be good sounds, taken from my CR2 using for that period, spent ages driving up and down like loons to get the right sounds. :lol: :lol:
If you ain't Cav then you ain't

BigPanzer

Post by BigPanzer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:30 am

Hi Andy,

The mini is a good unit and playing with the programming is dead easy with Thomas' software.

Peter

AndyR

Post by AndyR » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks, just got the wiring diagram from Thomas about how to set-up the second speedo. So all is good!

Will post photos when I get it!

Cheers
Andy