Turnigy 2.4

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

chieftain900

Turnigy 2.4

Post by chieftain900 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Looking at the 9 ch Turnigy for a project but cant find any sensible info on the sticks/switches, I assume from images it is is 4 channels on the sticks a proportional rotary then the other 4 are simple on off type.
If you ain't Cav then you ain't

jdflute

Re: Turnigy 2.4

Post by jdflute » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Bob
If you install a programming board you can use what ever you like.
The sticks do take up 4 channels and then you have three rotary switches, 5 on off switches, 1 momentary switch and 1 three way switch to choose from. All of these can be programmed with different throw distances, speeds (different Forwards and Backwards) and direction. so no need for servo reversers, servo slow etc.
The transmitter is 9 channel but the reciever is only 8 channels :o(

Jd
1/16th T34 85 - Parade Ready
1/12th Abrams - Parade Ready
1/8 Merkava MkIII - Buiding Stage

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.
NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

chieftain900

Post by chieftain900 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:32 pm

JD probably being very thick, but that seems like a lot of switches or have I missed something :D

It actually is going in a boat, so I visualised left and right for forward/astern, left for steering, right switching smoke/lights, then I have, foghorn, water squirt, trav which is fixed rate, so it seems as if it will do the job and some

Not forgotten about looking up the name for the solenoid

jdflute

Post by jdflute » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Bob,
It is a lot of switches, more that you need but that's what makes them soooooo highly configerable and versatile.
There's a programme called eepe for configuring them and it has a simulator for testing your files before sending them to the transmitter. Pretty easy to learn how to use and I can send you my Merkava config file to show how it works.
Get it from here
http://code.google.com/p/eepe/

Jd

NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

chieftain900

Post by chieftain900 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:54 pm

As electronics is a bit of dark art to me, while all the above sounds good, could I use it for the functions mentioned straight from box, as it is the only model it will be controlling.

jdflute

Post by jdflute » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:22 am

Pretty sure you could use it Bob, you would be limited to the configurations that come with the transmitter, heli, plan and glider. Switches would therefore be set according to the different configs and you could only change the peripherals by selecting the appropriate channels on the reciever.
I started off with the Merkava that way, so if it can suit an MBT I am sure it would be fine for the boat.

Jd

chieftain900

Post by chieftain900 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:48 am

update, it arrived yesterday and nice bit of kit, pre bonded with rx as well. Got all channels working, now just trying to recall what I was going to use them for :lol: :lol:

jdflute

Post by jdflute » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:54 am

Good luck, programming it can be a little daunting at first but there is help out the on the forums
Check here for the how too's
http://openrcforums.com/forum/index.php ... 8f736bf30e

I downloaded a lot of set ups to begin with and ran them on the Epee simulator to understand what the different lines of code achieved. That helped me a lot, I guess that I find reverse engineering easier than trying to do things from scratch.

Jd

007Kiwi

Post by 007Kiwi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:25 pm

And I just copied JD and now own 5 of them. Awesome unit.

Cabbaged two units into one to get the gimbals returning on spring and the other unit both have no spring returns and is currently controling my Yacht sails/rudder.
Epee rules for customization

Bought a programming board from here. Good service and makes doing exactly what you want easy as pie for a sheep herder like me.
http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... ex&cPath=3

Pic of board for info
Good installation instructions provided on site too

Cheers

Brett
Battlegroup
South Pacific

:techie-ebay: