Heng Long King Tiger

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

aust85

Heng Long King Tiger

Post by aust85 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi All,

New to the forum so I apologise if this topic has been covered already. I'm looking to get back into the RC modelling again after many years out of it and thought I would try my hand at a tank.

I've seen a few threads cover the Heng Long tanks but nothing much on the King Tiger. Has anyone currently got one or modified one recently? I was looking at getting the Henschel turret version.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/32109793 ... hlpsr=true

On another note I was looking at getting a custom paint job done on it with zimmerit and marking to match that of the Pz Abt 505 and I was wondering if anyone knew someone who did this? I'm ok at brush painting but I don't have access to an spray gun and would be very wary of painting with a brush on such a big scale.

Thanks for the help

S

rivetcounter

Re: Heng Long King Tiger

Post by rivetcounter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am

If you want zimmerit and painting I can do that, probably the best place to look for information on Heng Long tanks is http://www.rctankregiment.com/rctankforum/index.php have a look at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/forgebear?_trk ... 7675.l2563 forgebear is highly recommended and very helpful if he hasn’t got a King Tiger in stock send him a message and he will let you know when he will have them again, he also has a vast range of parts that you may also be interested in, Attack make a resin zimmerit set that will save a lot of time and will probably work out cheaper.
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

aust85

Post by aust85 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi,

Cheers for the reply that ebay shop is cracking!! I was looking at doing a king tiger from the pz abt 505 what kind of price would you take for that?

rivetcounter

Post by rivetcounter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:38 pm

PM sent
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.