Forgot to introduce myself properly? sorry got carried away!

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

tiger1

Forgot to introduce myself properly? sorry got carried away!

Post by tiger1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello again

Please can you forgive me for posting an introduction from a newbie only to forget to add any intro information,,as I got carried away with my focus on the Large Scale Tank I desire??

Okay!::

I am English,58, living in Norway 14 Year,Married a Viking!I regrettably I have suffered from a variety of serious health issues most of my life and am not likely to improve as I stumble through the old codger period of my life..No matter I keep my spirits up by day dreaming of doing "this that and tother" and of course never doing any of them,this as been the story for many years i`m afraid.

But Now I think/Hope I have one chance to redeem my fortunes :? Maybe? and as stated in my opening post Large Scale Tanks have really taken hold of my imagination to the degree I think of nothing else and spend 15+ hours a day doing everything to make this latest dream a reality...

time is not on my side,so high gear is required!I will not bore you by repeating what I have already written in my first post I think that gives fellow members a good idea of what I desire :?:

I will keep posting if no one objects as I have lots of different areas of this fine hobby I would :D like to ask additional questions and also ask for direct help e.t.c.

very best wishes Steve

Rocketman

Re: Forgot to introduce myself properly? sorry got carried a

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Steve

Welcome to the mad world of RC tanks. Not sure if you have seen one of these beasts up close but they are truly monsters of engineering. Not easy to get in doors or work on. Can I make a suggestion , why not try an inexpensive toe in the water and try 1/16th scale first? Its big enough to make an impression but small enough that you can work on the dining table or on your lap whilst watching TV through those dark Nordic nights?

Then you can buy a couple and decide what 1/6th scale tank you want , you might find you have a change of mind of tank once you've driven a few . Plenty of German Armour to choose from, Jagtiger, KingTiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer III & IV and easy to get accessories.

Here's the best place for one sixth, but if you want 1/16th pop over to rctankwarfare.co.uk for a chat. All really friendly and lots of members worldwide.

Just thinking you might do better starting a bit smaller first then move up, that what most of us have done.
Still sending postcards from Lilliput

tiger1

Post by tiger1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:00 am

Hello Rocketman
Really nice to hear from you,and I wish to thank you sincerely for your thoughtful comments,which I may add all make total sense,>You are not the first to suggest going for 1/16th to begin with..and in Normal times I would be following that advice :?:

Without been to dramatic Time is really not on my side..and going down the gradual approach really is not a good option for me,even though it is the most sensible.

I have a good idea now of the dimensions and my dear wife and brother in law are putting a shed together for me where the tank will live all the time. and I will buy ramps for door (when I locate where you get them from)

Must admit my friend I have a real fear of Forums in the main :o don`t ask! I really dont know what it is but I much prefer one to one where possible?

If anyone from rctankwarfare.co.uk wishes to contact me they are more than welcome to share ideas and advice e.t.c.

Many thanks Steve

DRC

Post by DRC » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:12 am

Welcome Steve

I have only been on here a couple of months and like you have recently been bitten by the bug. Thankfully, my interest seems to have gravitated towards 1/16th scale but I have noticed a worrying trend towards trying to replicate the entire Panzer corps!!

I too am 58, old codger?!!! Nay, we have only just left our teenage years! I do not intend to grow up for a further 58 years. It's not always what you have but what you do with it. Well thats what I keep tell my long suffering wife!

tiger1

Post by tiger1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:19 am

Hello to you
Great to hear from you.
and welcome to you belatedly.
I am very busy trying to get things sorted out this end so I can order the tank 1/6th hopefully
hope you really enjoy your Tanking

best wishes Steve