Help/Advice Appreciated:- RE- Planning 1/8th Tank Purchase?

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

tiger1

Help/Advice Appreciated:- RE- Planning 1/8th Tank Purchase?

Post by tiger1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Hello Fellow Members, :oops:
Must admit the last few days have being both stressing & and also a wake up call?
I was getting no where fast with my continuing desire to run a First~Class RC tank
I have gone from 1/8 & 1/6 down to 1/16 and back again 8O

I have tried as hard as anyone to get a feel for the hobby of RC tanks,but just as I felt I was moving forward I ended up going backwards.I was kindly told by well meaning folk to go for something more affordable and manageable IE 1/16th Tamiya e.t.c.

It was then pointed out to me,with a great deal of truth, that it was obvious my heart was not in the smaller tanks and in turn would offer me little excitement,and that if I could not manage (somehow) to buy a 1/8th scale tank at least I should not put myself through the mill,and forget it, and I agreed.

So after a lot of very deep contemplation,looking at all the Pros & Cons ,I have arrived at what I hope is a solid plan to buy a 1/8th Tank I am due for a major back payment from the UK Government and my dear wife as agreed that I should use the money to fulfill this dream.

So that decided I thought I would spend the next few month putting together a realistic plan in great detail
As i will require the tank Ready To Run or at the least built for me,with all the upgrades/Modifications felt appropriate.

Suppose I would benefit from the over arching support and guidance from someone who is both trustworthy and well respected in the hobby, advising me on appropriate upgrades/improvements?

Anyway that's the plan anyway

any help will be really appreciated,I have a history of making very expensive mistakes

best wishes Steve :wave:
:)

Desert Wurzel

Re: Help/Advice Appreciated:- RE- Planning 1/8th Tank Purcha

Post by Desert Wurzel » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Steve

The answer to your quest is simple sir :ugeek:

The best retailer of 1/8 Tanks (and large scale tanks per se in my humble opinion) is UK based Mark-1-Tanks, run by Mark Spencer.

I have had one of Marks 1/8 Tiger Is ("Sadie") for some years now and she has been 100% reliable :D

Just have a look at Marks website and you will see he does a nice little selection of 1/8 stuff.

In terms of overall practicality 1/8 has worked out really well for me.

Hope this helps :idea:

rivetcounter

Re: Help/Advice Appreciated:- RE- Planning 1/8th Tank Purcha

Post by rivetcounter » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Can I ask which companies you have found who sell 1/8 Tiger I.
In your research on various scales of RC tanks which companies have you found who supply aftermarket parts.
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.