Track links/ machined parts.

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Rob

Track links/ machined parts.

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Now that my pet machinist has finished designing/perfecting Challenger track pins ( pics to follow) I have reminded him how much fun he had when he did road wheels/idlers and sprockets for my Challenger in 1/8 all those years ago. Now that he is scaling down from 5 blokes on many machines doing MOD type stuff etc for mucho profit , to just himself doing bits that please him for little profit, I've shown him a few different track links.
I not saying they will be as cheap as Mark 1 tracks, but they will be machined not cast, they will be accurate and there won't be an 8 month lead time !
Ive also spoken to a rubber caster who is interested in doing integral track pads.
Anyone interested give me a shout.

saracen

Re: Track links/ machined parts.

Post by saracen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:36 pm

I'd be interested to know what he'd charge for 200 Sherman T62 track links, as per this drawing:

The link is roughly 55mm x 24mm x 11mm. The three holes on the face are for me to add rivets, hence the concentric rings - I would only need one through hole, probably 4mm.

The track pins are plated 4mm, so 4.2mm would probably be enough for clearance.

Adrian.

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 am

First come first served Saracen, I will speak to him later today or first thing in the morning.
Wait out.

saracen

Post by saracen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks Rob :-)

Adrian