1/8 M1A1 Abrams

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Jeman

1/8 M1A1 Abrams

Post by Jeman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi all,
I acquired a 1/8 Abrams Tank by Mark-1-Tanks a few months ago and have started doing a few bits to it. I'm pleased with the paintwork on it and now trying to detail various parts on the tank. Its missing the second machine gun and a few other bits so I'm trying to track various parts down. It will be going down to Mark at Mark-1-tanks, who I must say has been very helpful on the phone and e-mail as soon as my funds allow. It requires the sound system and I would like the pyrotechnics kit for firing the gun.
Also does anyone else have one of these tanks as I would be great to see what they have done or added to there's or any knowledge on them would be great

Cheers
Mark

Rob

Re: 1/8 M1A1 Abrams

Post by Rob » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Yes, Mark is very helpful on the phone, and I'm sure you will get a warm welcome at HQ.
Welcome to the habit that is large scale tanks.
Saw the picture on the Facebook site, far too clean lol.
For a good sound system have a look at Modelsounds inc in Canada. Really good product and a knowledgeable bloke.

Jeman

Re: 1/8 M1A1 Abrams

Post by Jeman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi Rob,
Thanks for that and I will have a look a Modelsounds site now ! Yep your right, the larger scale tank bug has bitten me and I must say I'm really enjoying it although my one does need a bit of attention to get it running strong. So I have yet to give it a good first outing :( And it is far to clean lol I'm after 1/8 accessories for it and have found some metal jerry cans so they will be on my shopping list along with anything else lol I made a couple of spare wheels that go onto the side stowage cages that I'm really pleased with so I may make 1 more to sit on the front top part of the turret as I have a spare tyre left.

Cheers
Mark