Sonderfahrzeug Modellbau Peter Müller

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

JerryCarducci

Sonderfahrzeug Modellbau Peter Müller

Post by JerryCarducci » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Hello all, any members here have recent business with Peter Müller? I have had none myself. A friend here in the colonies has ordered a model from him
about 5-6 months ago and after the initial acknowledgement from Hr Müller of payment received there has been no further communication. In my experience some custom builders can take quite some time to deliver products ordered( my personal best being far, far longer than 5-6 months for items ordered from other suppliers).

I checked Mr Müller's website and I don't see any average time estimates for delivery of product so I don't know how his delivery is. I thought I'd post a thread here on behalf of my friend to learn what I can.

BTW I own one of Mr Müller's 1/10 Bergeleo I models I purchased from a chap here in the colonies quite a few years ago, unbuilt and remains so to this day.
On the whole a pretty nifty model although modern armor isn't really my thing.

Thanks,

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/
Be wary of the self made man... many tend to worship their creator.

rivetcounter

Re: Sonderfahrzeug Modellbau Peter Müller

Post by rivetcounter » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am

Hi Jerry, The last I heard a few years back there had been a joint legal action taken against Peter for exactly what you describe none delivery of paid for models this was after several years of pestering, I did hear that he was Bankrupt but can’t confirm this to be true, in Germany his reputation is not good, I have been informed from Guido that it’s best to call him on the telephone this way you will get your model, it may be wise to call him repeatedly.
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

JerryCarducci

Post by JerryCarducci » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Oh man. Thanks for the update Mark but I'm sorry for my friend then who ordered and paid in full for a model
from Müller. My friend has some followup to do based on what you said; he does not speak German so it will be difficult.

You know it never used to be this way, you could order and pay for something from a supplier and get it.

I recognize that these models take a long time to build but when it is your business, your profession as it were I don't understand the great length of time required. It takes me a long time as I use slow non automated methods but a business should be looking for ways to minimize delivery times and production costs.

Even less understood are those people who once in trouble continue to collect people's funds with little care as to when or even if they can deliver. Sad.

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/
Be wary of the self made man... many tend to worship their creator.

rivetcounter

Post by rivetcounter » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Jerry, I hope your friend gets his order but why pay for the model in full, he should have only paid the deposit, you could ask him to give Peter a call on the phone I don’t know if he speaks English but there is only one way to find out.
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.