A1 After sales care

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dave T
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A1 After sales care

Post by Dave T » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:04 pm

I had a very interesting hour yesterday watching Mark carry out a heart transplant on my T34. (I can get it up and down again now Mel.) The glue gun was only briefly in evidence and Dr Mark also spotted and replaced a dodgy tracklink. Excellent service and pretty educational! :D

FUNKER
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A1 After sales care

Post by FUNKER » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 pm

What was the heart? motor, motors, gearbox or :idea:
Patrick

Dave T

Post by Dave T » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:47 pm

The main electronics pack. Gun elevation wasn't working properly and this was put down to the ESC connnected to the elevation motor. Since that ESC is sealed in a large unit with lots of other electrical gubbins that I don't know too much about, Mark changed the whole unit over. Given the mass of wiring to be disconnected and re-joined, I related it to a heart transplant. The patient has made a full recovery now! The surgeon can put another notch on his glue gun.

Merlin Barnes

Post by Merlin Barnes » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:04 pm

You found that a visit to Mark's "Surgery???" was educational :shock: :oops: :cry: :?
I'll have to have a rest--it's just too much.

Cheers

Mel

tankdave

Post by tankdave » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:10 pm

Your right about the A1 "tank" care service.

I was down at Marks on Friday having a bit of surgery done on my Tiger, Mark very kindly gave it a "once" over too.
Had a look at the new metal Tiger and a vey impessive line up of models. I'd go with the "educational" statement too.

The other Dave T
1/6th Tiger 1 - Late (SS102 / 134 "Will Fey")
1/16th Tiger 1 - Early (Dirty grey one)

FUNKER

Post by FUNKER » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Yes the main electronics pack sealed in a black shrink film appears to be a no go area for me :oops: :?
I would suggest more brain than heart :?
Patrick

Dave T

Post by Dave T » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:00 pm

Hope you feel better after a nice lay down Mel. :wink: I omitted to say that Dr Mark also extracted 11 spent cartridges and 3 live ones :? :D :oops: ,provided some matching metal to replace a lost smoke canister electrical conduit, and then hoovered the inside out for me. He even gave me the "tank driving off workbench reaction test". As I said, educational (and stimulating and entertaining!)
Be good to find a garage that helpful servicing my car.

Mk 1 Dave T