Price Check for the Original AH 250 kit

Please post details of anything RC Tank or Model related items you have for sale, or anything you are looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

Old Git

Price Check for the Original AH 250 kit

Post by Old Git » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Chaps,

long time since I've been on here, been out of the hobby for years now due to cumulative degeneration of the spinal column, the side effect of being caught within the blast radius of a 500 lb Car Bomb in Ulster, during the early '80's!

Anyways, starting to go through the storage unit and getting ready to sell of some stuff. Mostly all WWII, (Seem to have a lot of Russians and Germans for some strange reason). Anyways, I have a couple of the original AH 250 kits (still in their box) which were bought but never built. These are from the very first production run and so are more robust than than the subsequent production runs which seemed to use an inferior plastic mix that proved to be very brittle and there were lots of complaints about disintegrating parts. So, to be clear these are not those second and third production runs, but the original production run and all being well should not suffer this problem. I believe there's a lot of chatter over on SAG about these issues.

Anyway, I need to know what these things are selling for in the UK? I know they were always rare here so must assume they're even rarer now they're out of production. Dandare, you still around mate? You were always good for this kind of info.

Pete
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." Charlton Heston

Come say hello at OneSixth UK - http://www.onesixth.co.uk/vb4forum

dandare01

Re: Price Check for the Original AH 250 kit

Post by dandare01 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Pete

I'm still around buddy, the 250's were at Monkey depot $99 + shipping which was around the $99, but these were I believe the brittle ones I've seen them go for $250+ plus shipping, as you can see not seen any go in kit form in the UK, the ones I have I was fortunate in trading for, and as they say you can never have enough halftracks, I'm about to fly state side for 10 days but if you want to talk about them I'll pm you my number as I'd be interested, as I was looking at a FOA 251.

Kind regards

Robert
Robert

(don't forget I'm still a moderator)

Kingtiger, Panther, Berge Panther, Hetzer, Berge Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV L70, Panzer IV, Flakpanzer IV, Stuart, M16 Half track, 2 x WSC's, 3 Jeeps, 3 x Kubels, 3 x Kettenkrad, SdkfZ 251 250, & Opel Blitz.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Robert,

will give you a ring this evening or tomorrow mate, depending on time allowances permitted by my overlord. I've got a lot of stuff I want to dispose of, including a few things you might be interested in but I'll tell you all about that when we talk.

Pete

Swamprat033

Post by Swamprat033 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi Pete, Ive just been asked by someone who is wanting an AH 250 to contact you.
If it is OK, i have sent a PM with his contact details.

Cheers
Tim
1/6 Armortek Panther G
1/6 Armortek A34 Comet
1/6 SDkfz 250/9
1/6 Dragon Type 82 Kubel Funkwagen
1/6 Dragon Kettenkrad
Tamiya Leopard 2A6
HL/Tamiya Panther G Early
Mato/Tamiya Sherman 11A

devlin

Post by devlin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 am

I would be very interested in one please pm me a price

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Have had a lot of interest in these and think I've pretty much sold everything I have, if any of the deals fall through I'll get back to the people who I haven't yet talked to!

Pete