Battle of Britain show

Announcements of tank related events

Moderator: Moderators

M5stu

Re: Battle of Britain show

Post by M5stu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:47 pm

tiger tank sean wrote:dont forget you need to add john. d to the list might help if you move the list to your first thread instead of halfway down ...........cheers sean

oops sorry mate I missed this post I have put list on top and added john :oops: :D

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:34 pm

sent you a txt and email sean ref this show

right gents and ladies I need full names of people attending this show and car reg numbers you will be taking also who is camping etc asap

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm

due to sean and his wife not doing this show due to work commitments I now have a spare room at mine if anyone needs it for the Saturday night I live 5mins from the show ground and have plenty of parking

I am still waiting for car reg numbers and camping details please can you send them asap I have emailed and left numerous messages :?

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 am

Stu,

Details sent by mail.

Cheers, John.
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:26 am

thanks John have you sent them to my email or private message ?

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Stu,

To your email.

John
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:39 pm

hi John I have checked my email and have received nothing what address have you got you can pm me on here as well cheers stu

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi All;

An update for you on this show near Taunton.

The show dates are 31st August and 1st September but gates will be open from the 26th August for exhibitors to set up; if you are intending to come up early please let me know and I will come up and show you where to set up.

Graham, the show organiser, is really excited that so many of us are coming and he's planned out a great size arena solely for us and is going to provide plenty of logs we can use as props and will make sure our arena is mowed short so that we can run without any problems. If anyone has any other props please bring them. This arena will be securely roped off to stop anyone touching the models but they'll still have a great view.

Graham is happy for blank firing to occur and will provide some smoke grenades for us so that we can put on a show. We can also have a PA if we want to talk about our tanks.

There will be power points on site so that we can re-charge batteries and, as it is a show site, there are numerous stand pipes dotted around for drinking water.

Because it is a living history show there are strict rules about modern vehicles on site which means that our cars/campers will have to be parked in the adjacent camping field (very close by) but we can put up gazebos next to our arena so that we've got shelter. I hope to bring a couple of gazebos and if anyone else has one please bring it and let me know. I will also try and organise some tables and I think it would add to our display to bring any smaller military models or diorama you have as appropriate. If anyone else has a trestle table or similar please bring.

On the Saturday/Sunday morning please make sure you're on site by 9am; last movements of civilian vehicles on the show field will be at 9.30 before the show opens at 10. There are hardcore roads around the site between all of the different fields for ease of movement.

Most of you have sent me your registration numbers and I've provided them to Graham; he will use these for your vehicle passes which I will give out on arrival. If you haven't sent me your reg number please do so asap otherwise you won't be allowed on site without a pass. Similarly if you're intending on bring a support person please let me know so that I can make sure wrist bands are available.

If you have public liability insurance please bring a copy with you. I attach for info a link to the show's website; at the bottom you'll find the sites health and safety rules which I'd ask you all familiarise yourselves with. Thanks http://spitfirespares.co.uk/Battle%20of ... 02013.html

For those staying on Saturday night there will be a 40's band, dj, licensed bar with cheap beer for exhibitors only and a hog roast. Other show highlights include: simulated spitfire scramble with engine start and guns firing plus other WW1 and WW2 static aircraft; re-enactors and displays; military vehicles; jeep rides; weapons displays and trade stands.

Graham is working on making this show the biggest in the South West so the more it grows each year the better. I hope you'll all enjoy it and will add it to your regular programme of shows.

If anyone has any questions please give me a shout.

So far I have 13 people who've expressed an interest in displaying but the more the merrier! If you want to join in please get in touch with your details before 21st August. 1/6th, 1/16th or static military displays welcome.

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 pm

car passes are here will pm you my mobile number so you can call me when you are near the site I will meet you on the gate with passes etc

there is still space if I can interest anyone else more the merrier ;)

Mr Bailey

Post by Mr Bailey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi stu,
Can you please put me down for the Saturday only.
Many thanks .
Gary.b.
1/6 HETZER, TIGER 1, KUBELWAGEN,
KETTENKRAD,..TAMIYA 1/16 :-
PERSHING M26. SHERMAN M4. KING TIGER. PANTHER TYPE G.
JAGDPANTHER (LATE). LEOPARD 2A6.LEOPARD A4. GEPARD( FLAKPANZER).
AUSF.J.

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Mr Bailey wrote:Hi stu,
Can you please put me down for the Saturday only.
Many thanks .
Gary.b.
Hi Gary pm and txt sent welcome onboard mate this is shaping up to be a brill show we are well into double figures almost 20 attending and still rising :P . still room for anyone else who would like to attend ;) . cheers stu

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:16 pm

I can still get late places if anyone wants to attend this show let me know asap and I will get you booked in . cheers stu ;)

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi all hope you are looking forward to the show at Taunton next week .

I have the passes and will meet you at the gate but if any probs my mobile number is 07827521946 .

I can still get places if anyone who has not registered just drop me a pm and I will contact show organisior and get you a late place

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:15 pm

hi all sorry forgot to add if anyone has chairs / gazebo / tables could you fetch them along we have 2 gazebos allready but with amount of people attending maybe be a tight fit . we will help erect and take down no probs . cheers stu

BigPanzer

Post by BigPanzer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi Stu,

Sorry, can't help with gazebos. Best I can do there is the awning on the van, but as I have to have it off site during the day that is not much help!

Tables I have. 2 (possibly 3) about 6ft long and sturdy.

Do have a slight problem getting there. I am probably the only person in the UK without a mobile phone so I can't ring you. Suggest you pm me your address and I can collect from your home. Probably about 5pm Friday.

Cheers

Peter