Battle of Britain show

Announcements of tank related events

Moderator: Moderators

M5stu

Re: Battle of Britain show

Post by M5stu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 pm

hi peter i will prob be there around 11.00 hrs to set up the gazebos we have and sort few bits out i will try and pop back around 17.00hrs if you wanna swing past the house though just incase i miss you . i live 5 mins from the site and its on the way ;) so not much out of your way just to make sure you get your pass . brill for the tables mate should come in handy . i will pm you my address , cheers stu

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:21 am

sorry took a while to post an after show report

i would just like to thank everyone who turned up and made this weekend such a great success although the numbers of the public were low it did not stop us all having a fantastic time . me and rach really enjoyed spending time with you guys in and out the beer tent ohhhhhhh my poor head i will never drink thatchers again :lol: .

and come sunday to see you guys help everyone else pack up and stay till all the work was done was amazing i have never seen this before its the norm at other shows to be every man for themselves ie ( i sat in your gazeboo all day you pack it up :lol: ) i was blown away guys thank you so much

i do hope you all enjoyed the show and will attend next year me and rach are going to take a more proactive role in the planning of next years show and help graham with advertising and getting more traders and reenactors/vehicles in next years show

once again many thanks
stu

BigPanzer

Post by BigPanzer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Stu,

It was a really good weekend. I've got a few pics I will send on to you. I should have done it earlier, but due to family illness I've had to spend a few days t'up north.

Thanks to Stu & Rach for organising it.

Highlight for me - starting up a 20+ litre V12 late at night, shattering the peace of the Somerset levels, seeing the flames and feeling the shockwaves from the exhausts.

Peter

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:28 pm

BigPanzer wrote:Hi Stu,

It was a really good weekend. I've got a few pics I will send on to you. I should have done it earlier, but due to family illness I've had to spend a few days t'up north.

Thanks to Stu & Rach for organising it.

Highlight for me - starting up a 20+ litre V12 late at night, shattering the peace of the Somerset levels, seeing the flames and feeling the shockwaves from the exhausts.

Peter

and making me jump 6ft in the air dont forget :lol:

Hi Peter
any time mate you are allways welcome down here . maybe we can get a few more members interested for next year . hope your family member is on the mend mate . kindest regards stu and rach

BigPanzer

Post by BigPanzer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Stu,

Thanks for your good wishes - the elderly fraud is hobbling much better now (hip replacement). Very small family so nobody closer to stop her running around.

Peter

M5stu

Post by M5stu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:44 pm

BigPanzer wrote:Hi Stu,

Thanks for your good wishes - the elderly fraud is hobbling much better now (hip replacement). Very small family so nobody closer to stop her running around.

Peter
glad she is on the mend mate :D she is prob feeling so much better with the new hip .

looking forward to seeing the photos from the weekend ;)

cheers stu