Matching Green Classic and Sports Car Show

Announcements of tank related events

Moderator: Moderators

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Matching Green Classic and Sports Car Show

Post by Humpy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Had this invite come through for Matching Green Classic and Sports Car Show

"I am contacting you on behalf of the Matching Green Classic and Sports Car Club.

We have eighty members (plus partners) and, as you can tell by the name of the club, we are based in a village between Epping and Harlow and ten minutes drive from junction seven on the M11.

On the first Sunday of July for the past twenty years, we have organised a classic and sports car show on our large village green.

Over the past few years it has earned a well deserved reputation of being one of the best shows in the south of England attracting over five hundred display vehicles and a public attendance in excess of two thousand.

We have enough parking spaces to separate the display and public vehicles and we do not charge for entry. Visitors have the option whether or not to buy a programme for £2. There is a refreshment marquee, a hog roast, ice cream vendor, raffle and entertainment for the children. Each year we donate a large share of the profit we make from running the show to a local charity. Last year we gave £1200 to Essex Air Ambulance

The show starts at 11 p.m. and ends around 4 p.m. and has a schedule of groups of various vehicles at given times in the display ring with live commentary. Twice during the day’s programme we arrange for more general entertainment or a demonstration of mechanical related subjects.

Each year we try and select something different and interesting. One of our club members recently built a Tamiya radio-controlled Leopard tank and this gave rise to the idea of inviting a club or individuals to show our audience the much larger and more sophisticated versions.

Our club would like to know if your club is interested in giving a demonstration at our show on Sunday 6th July. I am the show organiser and If you require further information please contact me on 01279 731280 (this also the number of Grasmere Garage) or e-mail -------

Regards

Alf Drake"

As usual, contact the organiser direct on alf.drake@yahoo.co.uk or failing that drop me a line.

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

reddog one

Re: Matching Green Classic and Sports Car Show SUN 6th JULY

Post by reddog one » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am

MYSELF
GARRY ?
JOHN DAVIE
Last edited by reddog one on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I/6th scale Armortek mid prod Tiger, 1/16th r/c scale panzer 3

Colonel_Kramer

Re: Matching Green Classic and Sports Car Show

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 am

Robin,

As it's not that far from me I hope to be able to join you. Unfortunately, at the moment I can't be sure one way or the other, will post a definative answer nearer the time.
TwoR's -
MAASSCKT-1-TANK Tiger owner
UKTC Official Photographer
M-1-T Official Photographer
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:56 am

I'm up for this one as well.

Robin, have/will you contact the organiser or shall I do it ??

John
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:51 am

Today, I had the organizer phone me to say that we were very welcome. He said he would contact me nearer the day. So I will inform you of the details later. :)

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Wed May 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Going to be in Venice or in transit until the wee small hour of Saturday but OK for Sunday.
TwoR's -
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am

I have spoken to the organizer today, and he is very pleased to have the tank club at the show. He said could we please arrive before 9.30. and will show us as usual where to set up. They want us to run our models in the main display arena during the day. Basically go past Old Harlow to Matching green.CM17 ORD.

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Ok,

I will figure out where it i, but I will be there. If we need anything like stakes and chains to keep people away from the tanks, just post it on here and I will pick it up when I get back from Venice.
TwoR's -
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Bring them just in case.Thanks Garry.

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Robin,

I'll aim to be there for around 8:30 then.

John.
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:01 am

It rained in the morning up till 11am, then the weather brightened and the sun appeared. Thanks to John D and Garry for joining me. As it was a classic car meeting , there was of course a huge variety of cars on show, including some fifties Ford Anglias of which 57 years ago I past my driving test in! :P