• Page 1 of 1
The test was a complete and utter failure! Basically the salient points are:
1. The receiver can "hear" the transmitter, as I can command the drive motors to start up.
2. Unfortunately the drive motors respond to the right-hand stick. I get no response from the left-hand stick. Is this transmitter Mode 1 (although the ratchet is on the left-hand stick, implying Mode 2)?
3. There appears to be no "steering" function from either the left or right stick.
4. There is no sound generated, although I know the speaker works by putting it into self test mode.
I've tried to go through the setup routine shown in the Tamiya instructions but it's not very clear and I really don't know whether I'm doing it right.
I'm not sure where to go from here and I don't really want to proceed until I'm sure the radio is working properly.
All suggestions would be most appreciated.
- Posts: 2604
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:41 pm
- Location: Solihull, Brittanistan [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
UKTC European Coordinator
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.
Thanks for the response. At about 1:00am this morning I discovered (by trial and error) that I need to connect the 4 cables from the DMD unit in the sequence 1, 3, 2, 4. I also found I hadn't connected the two units together properly (said I was new to this ).
Going by the sounds from the speaker the stick movements "sound" correct. When I've got the running gear completed I can test properly.
Thanks again for your response and I'll let you know if I'm still having problems.
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:31 pm
- Location: The Trenches [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
However welcome to the hobby, as Rivet says you're just down the road from 'us lot', so hopefully you'll come some of the events and gatherings we have.
However we're portrayed I'm sure you'll find us a friendly bunch, and lots of fun
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests