Idler wheels have now been cast, & I had help with re-drawing the idler housing I took measurements from your original I'm guessing...I now have Left & Right hand idler 3D printed housings.
I also have high temp moulds ready... taken from the 3D printed housings, I'll be casting them in metal & machine them up. I did think about using the printed versions on the tank, but even if the 3D printed versions had a metal sieving in them I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hold up to the strain. If I cast them, machine them out & bolt them on to the new ally hull I'm hopping they will out last me. I hope to end up with a strong ally hull with all the metal running gear bolted on. Time will tell.
I still have a long way to go on the build, so you may get the call for some help. Also if I can help you, send me a email.
No problem, I did quite a bit of modelling for Bob, think i did most of the running gear and main sprocket as well.
Interesting fact, when you draw up the running gear parts you can quite easily see the evolution of the parts from Comet through to Chieftain (a few common features, size etc).
Will need to check and verify what i have (its on my other laptop), will post pictures of what i have.
Sounds like your well set up on your project.
What about you posting a project thread with some photos of your model as it stands?
I find it really helpful to review my threads to get a sense of actual progress, otherwise you never feel as if your getting anywhere!!!
So re-printed it, in a different orientation.
Will post pictures of it once I've finished work on it!!
If i was re-doing this one, I would have it done by SLA, as theres a bit much detail in here for the printer, the support material removal is the main issue.
Anyway, its good in my eyes and once painted in a dessert colour it will not catch the eye the same.
I sprayed a bit of Tamiya Grey primer below the NBC as its open mesh so i figured that having some grey below the mesh will mean it gets some light and a better sense of depth. If i sprayed it black then i reckon it would make it look a little fake.
I also did the side storage bin, didn't mean too, just tripped into doing it actually!!!
This afternoon i have finally managed to get the commanders coplua to point i am comfortable to share.
It looks a little rough, but i have sanded it so when i refresh the primer grey it should blend in better
Engine deck has all the little hinges and the locking handles fitted now.
Sorry if i'm excessively posting pictures, since i have managed to rig my phone up to upload directly to my photo bucket site it means that its really quick to snap and share a picture
Anyway, fresh off the printer with olive bush pressed into the hubs and rotating perfectly, better than the original efforts....
Note they do not have the hub cap fitted, as yet, I need to print them and also modify them to allow them to be push fitted and glued into position.
I did think about entering the IPMS show in November, but I looked at some more photos of the original vehicle and gulp, i still have a loooooooong way to go!!!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests