Newbie wants help-Dragon Kettenkrad radio control

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

mark999

Newbie wants help-Dragon Kettenkrad radio control

Post by mark999 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:09 am

Hi all.
Ive just bought a Second hand Mark1 Tiger Tank and am looking foward to running it this year.At the moment havent got a clue how to run it and weather permitting will try soon.My Mrs has only just started to speak to me again after she first saw it !!!. Have only just moved up to 1/6 scale . I have also bought a dragon Kettenkrad and want to radio control it, can anyone help with information on how to do this. I have also bought a 21st century stuart(brand new) and a load of armorpax metal upgrades. I have been informed that the plastic rollers will needed to be upgraded as the stock ones run out quickly-is this an easy job?.
I am looking foward to my first meet with the club (have sent off registration today) but hope that my steep learning curve won't isolate me from others members!!!!!!!
Mark

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Newbie wants help-Dragon Kettenkrad radio control

Post by Humpy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:44 am

Mark,

Welcome to the madhouse! You realise it's all downhill from here? :lol:

Seriously, I think you'll find we're a decent bunch who enjoy a get together, a chinwag and a giggle. If you like that sort of thing you'll fit in well!!!

Can't help much with the other stuff but I know the guys that have RC'd the Kettenkrads have custom built a replacement chassis using steel or brass as the original is fairly hopeless! There seem to be more than one kind of tracks as well, some which will be capable of being used for RC and some that defiantely would not. Again, I'm not sure which is which but hopefully one of the guys that have Rc'd there model already will elaborate.

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

dandare01

Post by dandare01 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Mark

welcome aboard, you've finally got a working logon :text-bravo:
Robert

(don't forget I'm still a moderator)

Kingtiger, Panther, Berge Panther, Hetzer, Berge Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV L70, Panzer IV, Flakpanzer IV, Stuart, M16 Half track, 2 x WSC's, 3 Jeeps, 3 x Kubels, 3 x Kettenkrad, SdkfZ 251 250, & Opel Blitz.

NeilT34

Post by NeilT34 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:02 am

Hi Mark,

Yes welcome to the mad world of R/C Tanks and military vehicles. Someone will know how to R/C
your Kettenkrad, but as Humpy said you may have to do a fair bit of re building. Good Luck. Neil
T34/85 Mark-1-Tank

Nagging Wife.

olly weston

Post by olly weston » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:45 am

:text-worthless: Come on man, First post and no pictures of your tiger?

:text-lol: As the others have said, Welcome to the UKTC and i can say with out a doubt, its all down hill from here! 1 tank leads to another then another then another...

Good to know that the UKTC is always growing. hope you have great fun with your tiger!

Oli ( too much sugar this morning)
1/6th Pz 11 Running, but not 100% finished. 1/6th Panther being built very very slowly. Based On a Panther from the LSSAH Division during heavy fighting in the Ardennes. Peipers unit was one of the elite

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Mark,

There are plenty of people around who can 'help' with running Mark-1 tanks. You don't say where you are located, there is a Mark-1 open day in March where there will be lots of owners around.
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:05 pm

mark999 wrote:Hi all.
My Mrs has only just started to speak to me again after she first saw it !!!.Mark
And how many pairs of shoes and matching handbags does she have :?: :techie-hiding:

Seriously though, get her involved as we are a friendly bunch. :text-welcomeconfetti:

Sue.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Hard work never killed anyone, why risk being the first!

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Mark,

Sorry for not giving you some pointers about events and such, I missed that bit! We have a few events this early in the year but as John says whereabouts are you in the world? Did you say earlier in the e-mail conversations we were having that you were in Maidstone? If so we have Brighton Modelworld which you might like to come along and have a look see (not sure at this stage whether we have any spare passes, let me know if you want to come along with model and I'll find out!) and we have Trucks and Tracks at Folkestone at the end of the Month. After that, as John rightly pointed out, Mark Spencer (Mark-1-Tank) is having one of his open days on March 14th and you'd be more than welcome to come along to that.

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

mark999

Post by mark999 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi all
Did not expect this many replies so quick!!!. I will post some pictures but sorry about the quality she is sitting in my poor shed at moment but i move house on friday and have a lovely big workshop!!!. I live in Maidstone Kent and I will come to all the events as this has been my drem for years, I am 45 years young. My interests have mainly been around ww2 and radio control is new to me and the prospects of belonging to the club and meeting all sounds great. The Tiger is a late one,not my favourite tank, would have prefered a King but hey it was reasonably priced and available.I think she is painted in battle of bulge colours but dont think markings represent a real tiger but perhaps a King tiger.
Thanks for replys guys and look foward to meet all.

olly weston

Post by olly weston » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Nice tiger mate! :D Dont worry about where the tanks live, both of mine are in my room!

Come along to the brighton event, 13th to the 15 of febuary and meet a very small part of the gang. always nice to have new people to meet.

Have fun mate, glad you got your dream.

Oli
1/6th Pz 11 Running, but not 100% finished. 1/6th Panther being built very very slowly. Based On a Panther from the LSSAH Division during heavy fighting in the Ardennes. Peipers unit was one of the elite

rivetcounter

Post by rivetcounter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Sorry only just checked this thread, I built an RC Kett this was a total nightmare I used the DID Kett as a base and as Humpy said more than 505 of the Kett was replaced, metal tub no suspension ETC sounds easy but the down side is the cost there is a guy on the forum who built the new lower chassis for me and it's not without problems, the conversion was something like £350-400 without battery and radio gear, my advise would be to put the money towards an RC Kubelwagen/Schwimmwagen or another tank forget the Kett it's just not worth the time money and effort
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

mark999

Post by mark999 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks again for replys.I will give up on the Kettenkrad project I dont think the effort is worth it.I will meet people for first time at brighton and thanks to olly and Kerion for help.

tigertiki

Post by tigertiki » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hi here is a link of my kettenkrad project might be interesting.
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/ar ... r-wip.html
any inquieries welcome..
cheers