1/6 stuart help

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

glen35

1/6 stuart help

Post by glen35 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi All, i have a mate doing up a stuart, he wants to upgrade the motors and gear box etc, any of you chaps done this?? can you give me any pointers for him , ie web sites or info where to get parts from etc? thanks in advane ..glen

mark999

Re: 1/6 stuart help

Post by mark999 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Sorry Glen
Cannot help myself, but all you out there i am interested also.Have you converted yours?. Ive bought every armourpax extra for it and am just about to start putting these on. If you have conveted this glen could you please post some photos. Any other member who have converted one I would be interested to see photos for some inspiration, especially one that deployed with the british units.Glen have you upgraded the TX and if so I would be glad of some tips.
Cheers Mark

glen35

Post by glen35 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Mark, I`m not doing the upgrade ,, its my mate, however he has done some pics i can show you, he also is doing the brit version, i`m not sure how he done tthe TX as he got it like that, but know some people here have ,and will let you know if i find out any info on motors, here is my email..glen.brooks@btinternet.com drop me a hello and i`ll send back some pics of his work. good luck,,, glen

mark999

Post by mark999 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 am

Hi Glen
Thanks, I will email you right away.
Cheers Mark

jagdpanther

Post by jagdpanther » Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm

I did see what was possibly the ultimate upgrade for a stuart a couple of weeks ago. 4cy radial engine, clutch , gearbox and differencial. all the base had been remade and the running gear reinforced. Performed very well. The owner is in building a multi speed gearbox to go in it next.
1/6th Jagdpanther, various 1/6th motorcycles,1/6th mercedes staff car

Was zur Hölle war, dass

jdflute

Post by jdflute » Tue May 05, 2009 5:56 am

There is a Yahoo group for the stuarts which is a gold mine of info
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/M5Stuartrctankbattalion/
as well as this guys site
http://www.geocities.com/patsmodels/stuart/
Good luck
Jd
1/16th T34 85 - Parade Ready
1/12th Abrams - Parade Ready
1/8 Merkava MkIII - Buiding Stage

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.
NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Rocketman

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:27 am

mark999 wrote:Sorry Glen
Cannot help myself, but all you out there i am interested also.Have you converted yours?. Ive bought every armourpax extra for it and am just about to start putting these on. If you have conveted this glen could you please post some photos. Any other member who have converted one I would be interested to see photos for some inspiration, especially one that deployed with the british units.Glen have you upgraded the TX and if so I would be glad of some tips.
Cheers Mark

Ive done two now mate so if you need any help gis a shout. Mine are on www.crispyandtherocketman.com just scroll through you will find them in their own little sections on the site. All cosmetic chnages really not chenged the gearboxes. I did however junk the stock electrics as tehy are awful and unrelaible. Anyway give me a pm if you need any help
Still sending postcards from Lilliput