Benedini Problem

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Heer Hund

Benedini Problem

Post by Heer Hund » Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi All

Had a problem with my sound while at Beaulieu this weekend. If anyone has come across this problem before, and know how to fix it, I'd be really grateful.

When I switched the sound on, I got the single click to indicate control mode, but no sounds. Transmitter and receiver are working correctly. (checked the encoder using a servo)

Carried out the readjustment as per the instructions (hold program button on switch on) All the right leds and clicks, but no sounds. Even tried setting to toggle switch mode, so the sounds would all play automatically, but still no sound.

Finally, reset to encoder mode and tried to reallocate the sounds. When I switched the unit on and held the program button, it would not go into programming mode. The led doesn't flash and no sounds?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Mick
I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.
Otto Carius. Commander 2nd Company sPzAbt. 502
1/6th Tiger 1 #217 sPzAbt. 502, Jadgtiger #114

Merlin Barnes

Re: Benedini Problem

Post by Merlin Barnes » Tue May 26, 2009 6:48 pm

A quick e-mail to Thomas would seem to be the order of the day Mick. :sad-darkcloud:

Heer Hund

Post by Heer Hund » Tue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Just keeping all my options open Mel. Thought someone may have had this problem before. Thomas actually replied within 30 minutes of me emailing him, how's that for customer service.

Great do at Beaulie Mel, almost 100% perfection with the weather. Nice venue with some very nice people.

Keep you posted on the outcome.

Cheers

Mick
I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.

Chieftain 900

Post by Chieftain 900 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 pm

So what was the problem or is it still there? :cry:
Bob G

Heavy cav rules

http://www.Isallt.com

Heer Hund

Post by Heer Hund » Wed May 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Bob

I'm afraid the problem is still there. Thomas said that if the LED doesn't flash when going into program mode, it means the sound board has lost 1 or more of the signals from the receiver. Having checked the transmitter and receiver with a sevro, and all the wiring with a meter, so far I have not found the fault. I'm just waiting for a reply from Thomas as what to try next.

Mick

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Wed May 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Mick,

I have a TBS5 which does exactly the same thing. Thomas gave me the same answer but as I had a spare at the time I popped the spare in and haven't been back to it. It was working fine, it was just that when I went to reporgram to go from digital to rx contol it didn't work. If you get an answer, I'll be interested.

As an aside, I also had a problem with switching on the gun leds. A quick mail to Thomas revelled that if you program the control buttons and then program the leds on, you have to go back and teach the buttons which is which again. So the moral of that story is do all the configuration before doing the rx control buttons.
TwoR's -
MAASSCKT-1-TANK Tiger owner
UKTC Official Photographer
M-1-T Official Photographer
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

Heer Hund

Post by Heer Hund » Thu May 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Quick Update

Thomas insists that the only thing that can prevent the soundunit from entering program mode is the loss of a servo signal. As I have checked as far as possible that the tank wiring is okay, Thomas has asked for the board back, so he can check it out.

I'll keep you posted on the results. Meanwhile, it looks like I'll be bringing a silent running tank to the BBQ. :x

Mick

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Mick,

I might just have a spare TBS5.....

Humpy

PS Mind you, it might sound like a Panther :?
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

Heer Hund

Post by Heer Hund » Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi Humpy

I would be great to borrow it, just to prove the rest of the system is okay. If you no longer need it, we may be able to come to some finacial arrangement?

Cheers

Mick

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Thu May 28, 2009 10:04 pm

If you no longer need it, we may be able to come to some finacial arrangement?
Hmm, I don't know about that!!! I might have a spare Tiger TBS5, if I have you can have that but the Panther ones are for the big Panthers, if they ever turn up :(

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

Merlin Barnes

Post by Merlin Barnes » Thu May 28, 2009 10:07 pm

A Tiger 1 that sounds like a Panther---you're treading on dangerous ground there, Mick---that Swede will be after your blood. :angry-nono:

KWK088

Post by KWK088 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:55 am

Yes, beware of that Swede! ;)

Cheers
Kent
1/6th T34-85, 1/8th Panther Ausf A #424, 1/8th T34-85, 1/6th Hetzer kit, 1/6th Panther G kit, 1/6th Tiger1 Late kit and a 1/6th Panzer IV kit

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Fri May 29, 2009 8:27 am

I have been running the Benedini panther sound card in my tiger for the past year, because I much prefer it to his tigers version. :oops:
I/6th scale Armortek mid prod Tiger, 1/16th r/c scale panzer 3

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 am

Mick,

The one I have that has the same problem has had Humpy, Howard and myself try to reprogram. Fortunately I have a second one. Swapped it over, reporgrammed it and bingo. I haven't bothered to try it again but given that the 2nd one works fine, after a wee hiccup wih the led flash, I would suggest that the problem is the board and not the wiring to the rx. But if you are sending it back to Thomas, I'm sure all will become clear in the fullness of time.
TwoR's -
MAASSCKT-1-TANK Tiger owner
UKTC Official Photographer
M-1-T Official Photographer
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

Heer Hund

Post by Heer Hund » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Just had an email from Thomas stating that the input stage of my sound unit had been damaged. As I have just fitted a BEC in place of my receiver battery, it looks like isn't regulating properly. Thomas has repaired the board, and is shipping it tommorow, so I should have it up and running for Duxford. :P

Mick