German Tank Commander instructions

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

blythmags

German Tank Commander instructions

Post by blythmags » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi everyone.....

Has anyone gone to the lengths of putting German language audio tank command instructions in/on their tanks, and if so what method have you employed ?.

I dont know whether you can get sound modules that make these special effects, or whether there are any other alternatives out there ?

Your views as always, would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

John

olly weston

Re: German Tank Commander instructions

Post by olly weston » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi John

Not to sure i understand what your asking, but I'll have a go ;) If you have a look at the Benedini sound system, It employs sevral sayings in german. Iam not sure what they say, but i bet someone out there knows. The Benedini system is not cheap, but it is worth it.

Hope this helps.

Oli
1/6th Pz 11 Running, but not 100% finished. 1/6th Panther being built very very slowly. Based On a Panther from the LSSAH Division during heavy fighting in the Ardennes. Peipers unit was one of the elite

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:45 pm

As Oli says, you can use the excellent sound modules from Thomas Benedini which give you a couple of German radio transmissions ("Kommander!" and "Pint of bitter!" Yes I know it's not Pint of Bitter but that's what it sounds like :lol: ) on demand via the Encoder/Digital Module/Joystick controls.

http://www.benedini.de

The other option if you wanted just background speech or atmosphere is put an MP3 player in your model! Dave Dibb of Armorpax did this with his BergeHetzer and had some genuine WW2 German radio transmissions playing just quietly in the background for effect and very effective it was too. The genuine radio transmissions (via MP3) can be found here

http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles/

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Oli / Humpy

Many thanks for your replies.....I'll research the sites you mention, and hopefully, I'll have my animatronic commander asking for a cool beer to the loader in no time !...lol :lol: :lol:

Best wishes

John

reddog one

Post by reddog one » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:39 am

The three vocal sounds on the Benedini are translated as (1) 'Enemy sighted', (2) 'attack', (3) 'fall back' :(
I/6th scale Armortek mid prod Tiger, 1/16th r/c scale panzer 3

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:51 pm

The three vocal sounds on the Benedini are translated as (1) 'Enemy sighted', (2) 'attack', (3) 'fall back'
But Thomas will add your own sound sample for a consideration. That's how we got the Whoooosh noise for Johnny's Sturmtiger :)

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

hatakashi

Post by hatakashi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:22 pm

reddog one wrote:The three vocal sounds on the Benedini are translated as (1) 'Enemy sighted', (2) 'attack', (3) 'fall back' :(
Oh finally heheheheh someone who knows what "pint of bitter" is, is it for Enemy sighted?

Chieftain 900

Post by Chieftain 900 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:47 pm

I use an old walkman activated by a Robbe on/off switch plugged inot a MP3 amp from ebay (about £7) into its own dedicated speaker. Tapes used are obviously in my case all modern UK exercises. Sounds great!
Bob G

Heavy cav rules

http://www.Isallt.com

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Great idea Bob.........thanks

Regards

John