2.4 gig

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

jagdpanther

2.4 gig

Post by jagdpanther » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Haveing got a few models and needing to purchase yet another radio , it was sugested to me by a guy who flies model helicopters to think about gettin a preowned Futaba ff9 , and changeing the module to a spektrum 2.4 gig ( model dm8 ). As to the receivers he advised me to use the spektrum " park fly 6 channel receiver " ( model ar61110e )
In fact the receiver is 7 channel if you use the battery connector as another channel .
The receiver is around 36 GBP so its a lot cheaper than the futaba equivalent , its size is around 20 mm square x 15mm depth. The range is up to 1/4 mile , which i would have thought is enough for our needs ,
The FF9 transmitter is a nice peice of kit and they are selling on the auction site for around 130 GBP + ( i cant find how to change my keyboard from " english US to english UK" :oops: ) I think it has a 12 model memory
the 2.4 spektrum module is around 80 GBP.
I used this setup in a 1/16th truck which is all metal ( yes the german one ) and it performs faultlessly .
1/6th Jagdpanther, various 1/6th motorcycles,1/6th mercedes staff car

Was zur Hölle war, dass

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Re: 2.4 gig

Post by Humpy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Dave,

A lot of the SE Div models run on FF9's with Futaba Tx modules (TM7 and TM8) and 7 or 8 channel Rx's. These are superb radios and can be programmed to allow for nearly every situation you can think of. You can buy other manufacturers TX modules and Rx's on 'that well known auction website' Corona is one that comes to mind which for an 8ch Tx module and Rx comes in at around the £50 mark if you're on a budget but I don't know of anybody who's used them.

Was you asking for advice or stating a fact Dave? It was'nt overly clear :D

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

jagdpanther

Re: 2.4 gig

Post by jagdpanther » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Sorry Humpy , its the tablets im on , slurred speach , short concentration span . Almost like being under the affluence of incerhol.
It was meant to be factual .
Just for the record . the futaba FF9 super was around 340 GBP when it was bought new.
1/6th Jagdpanther, various 1/6th motorcycles,1/6th mercedes staff car

Was zur Hölle war, dass