mark 1 tank tiger recoil servo refit

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

COSWORTH44

mark 1 tank tiger recoil servo refit

Post by COSWORTH44 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 pm

does anyone have a good idea how this works as i have had to fit a new servo but now the arm from the servo to the barrel seem to want to fit but the barrel is now at the wrong angle so the muzzle brake is all wrong.I am also not sure of the actual distance the barrel will travel in the recoil and does the servo have to be in a forward position to start or visa versa.Any help is welcomed.

paul
Mark 1, tiger 1 late 1/6 command tank Tamiya king tiger henschel & porsche versions Matorro king tiger , Heng long tiger 1 early & late steel wheel Tamiya jagdpanther & Heng long jagdpanther Heng long panther late version ALL 1/16

reddog one

Re: mark 1 tank tiger recoil servo refit

Post by reddog one » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 pm

The actual scale recoil measurement is 92mm, if you can get that much movement! :shock:
I/6th scale Armortek mid prod Tiger, 1/16th r/c scale panzer 3

JohnD

Re: mark 1 tank tiger recoil servo refit

Post by JohnD » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Paul,

The servo does need to be forward at rest, so that when it activates it pulls back and then returns forward.
If you mean that the muzzle brake is rotated, then the barrel is normally split (you should see the join) so the end part can be rotated in relation to the bit coming out the mantle.
I say 'normally' as this is the case on most models (I don't have a Tiger 1) but there could always be differences; the end of the barrell is normally removable, makes for easier transportation.
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT