Paint Suppliers

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

BigPanzer

Paint Suppliers

Post by BigPanzer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 pm

For anybody who is looking for correctly matched paint colours to British Standard 381c (British forces WW2 to Nato) including bronze green and light stone try:

www.paints4u.com

They can supply the full range in matt, satin or gloss finishes, in tins, touch ups and aerosols. Also the full range of RAL colours are available. They are very helpful, service is excellent and the paint is good quality.

Peter

saracen

Re: Paint Suppliers

Post by saracen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Glad they proved to be helpful :D

Adrian.

BigPanzer

Post by BigPanzer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:12 am

Hi,

Yes, very helpful and thanks a lot. I'm using the satin finish because this was used on quite a lot of softskins and it looks very good - a slight sheen, but not too much! It don't 'arf pong though!

John, thanks very much for replying. I didn't see your post till later or I might have given them a try.

Skippy, thanks for reading & replying. I do have an airbrush, but its a tiny thing and I can't use it very well. Hoping to have the rolling chassis ready for Muckleburgh, but I have my doubts!

Cheers Guys

Peter

Skippy_fx140

Post by Skippy_fx140 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:42 pm

It would be nice to see it no matter how far you are on with it Peter, as work in progress is always worth looking at and it may get other people having the urge to build :)
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. :P

BigPanzer

Post by BigPanzer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:29 am

Hi Skippy,

Not much to see yet, only the front axle, diff & hubs (All beautifully painted in a very nice desert colour). Front spring & hangers next, then I fancy a change and will do some of the detail bits like hinges & tow hooks.

I'm not going to "go public" before Muckleburgh because nobody is that interested in a pile of bits, but I'm determined to have it there and running, even if it only has 4 of its 6 wheels and is held together by (Light Stone coloured) string.

Cheers

Peter

Skippy_fx140

Post by Skippy_fx140 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Peter.
Well some people have different interests in how something has been made, I'm one that likes to know what makes it tick from the ground upwards sort of speak :) If I buy any pre built rc models of some kind the first thing that happens is it comes to bits :) If you run out of string I have plenty of tie raps or zip tie thingamy jigs if you need any :lol: :lol:
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. :P