Mobile Hydraulic Workbench / Lift

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

blythmags

Mobile Hydraulic Workbench / Lift

Post by blythmags » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi everyone

I've looked at the past history of conversations relating to suitable hydaulic lifting tables, but can anyone please advise as to whether there are any relatively inexpensive lifting work tables on the market that have suitable lifting table dimensions to hold a typical 1/6 Mark-1 Tiger ?

If I dont find something pretty soon, I'll be paying a fair bit in Orthopaedic conultation / surgery bills with all the bending down I'm doing !.... :o

Rather than something just to lift my tank off the ground, I would prefer a table which would raise the working area to a respectable height.

Just wondered whether anyone knew of anything available within the UK ?

Thanks

Best wishes

John

NeilT34

Re: Mobile Hydraulic Workbench / Lift

Post by NeilT34 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi John.

Try Machine Mart, page 377 in the new catalogue, I have the 500KG one which lifts table top to 36 inches with (heavy weight Mark 1 Tiger 1 tank on it) no problem. Could try e-bay have seen the odd one for sale. As to cost the 500kg is £258 inc vat good luck.

Neil
T34/85 Mark-1-Tank

Nagging Wife.

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 pm

NeilT34 wrote:Hi John.

Try Machine Mart, page 377 in the new catalogue, I have the 500KG one which lifts table top to 36 inches with (heavy weight Mark 1 Tiger 1 tank on it) no problem. Could try e-bay have seen the odd one for sale. As to cost the 500kg is £258 inc vat good luck.

Neil
Hi Neil

Hope you are well.............thanks for the link mate....I'll have a look......do you know off the top of your head, whether the table dimensions will accommodate the Tiger 1, or do you have to make another table to sit on top of it ?

One thing is for sure, I won't be able to work on the ground much longer.........so, I'll have to buy something ! :(

Cheers

John

NeilT34

Post by NeilT34 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi John,
Yes not to bad, how about you.

The lifts metal top is only 20 inches wide x 34 long, so I built a wooden table top that clamps over the metal. My Tiger 1 overall width is 25 inches so table top is 30 inches wide, this give plenty of space. The length has also been extended by an extra 12 inches over the length of the tank. Hope this is of help.

Neil
T34/85 Mark-1-Tank

Nagging Wife.

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 am

I have the lighterweight one, 300 ish KG. The plate isn't big enough and the same as Neil I put an inch thick ply plate on to and bolted it down. My tiger is a bit of everything and comes in at quite a heavyweight, Just the turret is 2 stone !!!!! No problems whatso ever, however if like me you have it lifted most of the time, you need to have the locking bars on to stop it loosing a bit of height.

There was sone being offered by M&P the mail order motorcycle people which was very cheap, I ordered one but the delivery date kept moving and I never got one.
TwoR's -
MAASSCKT-1-TANK Tiger owner
UKTC Official Photographer
M-1-T Official Photographer
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 am

Neil and I were talking about this last night.
Buying a hydraulic lift table was the best thing we ever did. Our tanks are stored on the worktops in our garage. We used to have to manually lift them on and off on boards to the floor and then drive them up our ramp into the van. With Neil's dodgy back and my lack of height and strenght it was very difficult. Truthfully if we hadn't bought the table we probably wouldn't have been able to carry on.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Hard work never killed anyone, why risk being the first!

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:17 am

Many thanks everyone for your very useful advice

Best wishes

John