Mark 1 - 1/6 Tiger Turret servo

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

blythmags

Mark 1 - 1/6 Tiger Turret servo

Post by blythmags » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi everyone

I am having to replace my Hitec HS - 700 BB 1/4 turret drive servo on my 1/6 Mark - 1 Tiger 1 as a result of sheared servo cog teeth ( I think thats what they're called.. :oops: )

I'm thinking about replacing it with a Hitec 705 MG servo but on examining the old servo, there have been additional wires inserted into the servo which are just dangling to the side . Is this some kind of pick up / antenna / safety addition ?

All I know id that the new servos certainly do not have these pictured on them so I can only assume it serves some purpose other than functioning as a servo !

Apologies for my lack of knowledge once again, but I'd really appreciate if someone could explain what these additional wires are for, and more to the point, whether I can simply replace the old Hitec HS - 700BB with the newer Hitec 705 MG servo without adding whatever the old additional wires finctionality was !.

Thanks again for your advice guys....

Best wishes

John

rivetcounter

Re: Mark 1 - 1/6 Tiger Turret servo

Post by rivetcounter » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 pm

John, the servo is modified to turn 360 degrees as opposed to the standard 45, best thing to do is as always give Mark 1 Tanks a call he will be able to supply a modified servo that you can bolt straight into your tank.
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:44 pm

rivetcounter wrote:John, the servo is modified to turn 360 degrees as opposed to the standard 45, best thing to do is as always give Mark 1 Tanks a call he will be able to supply a modified servo that you can bolt straight into your tank.
Hi.....

Great....thanks for the advice

Best wishes

John

t90 bestintheworld

Post by t90 bestintheworld » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:14 pm

hi there.
its a doddle to mod a servo for 360deg turning.
look it up on the net. under modding servos or converting servos to 360, lots of sites.
hope this helps.
dave