40 MhZ to 2.4 GhZ

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

blythmags

40 MhZ to 2.4 GhZ

Post by blythmags » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi everyone

I'm considering changing my 1/6 Kubelwagen and Motorbike/sidecar from 40Mhz to 2.4Ghz to prevent interference and servo wiggle ( not sure that this is the technical term ! :lol: )

Is it a straight case of changing the transmitted and receiver to a new 2.4Ghz set up ?....i.e no need to change servos etc ?.

Mark (Spencer) changed my Tiger 1 to 2.4Ghz when I was down there a few weeks ago, and the difference is fantastic....battery life etc, etc.

Finally, I suspect I will still need a translitted for each of my models ?.....i.e cant use one transmitter for two or three models ?

Apologies for my lack of rc knowledge ( again !.. :oops: )

Many thanks guys

Best wishes

John

glen brooks

Re: 40 MhZ to 2.4 GhZ

Post by glen brooks » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi John,
what transmitter do you have? if it can hold more models then yes you can. all you have to do is buy more recivers and bind them to your TX.
i have on one TX 1 heli,2 planes and plane sim, another 2 cars 1 bike, easy done ..glen

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:17 am

glen brooks wrote:Hi John,
what transmitter do you have? if it can hold more models then yes you can. all you have to do is buy more recivers and bind them to your TX.
i have on one TX 1 heli,2 planes and plane sim, another 2 cars 1 bike, easy done ..glen
Hi Glen

I have a Hitec Optic 6 2.4ghz transmitter.which I have to control my Mark-1 Tiger.

If I wanted to use this transmitter to control my Kubelwagen and Motorbike/Sidecar, would it simply be the case that I changed the receivers in both of the models over to 2.4Ghz and my current transmitter would then be linked in automatically?. Would it also be the case that the transmission link with my Tiger would not be adversely affected ?

I didnt "bind" the Tiger to the HiTec transmitter myself, so I'm not familiar with this process.

Thanks for your assistance

Best wishes

John

glen brooks

Post by glen brooks » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 am

Hi John, your TX will hold upto 8 models, so all you need to do is buy 2 more RX then bind each one to your TX then programe the TX to each one, it does sound hard , but really it is not , you manual will have in it all about binding and renaming the model. if you have a good R/C shop near you , they may even do it for you. that way you can use your tiger, then switch to another model and still keep all the settings.
best regards glen

p.s when you get the new RX ask about size of RX, you may only want a 4ch so cheeper

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 am

glen brooks wrote:Hi John, your TX will hold upto 8 models, so all you need to do is buy 2 more RX then bind each one to your TX then programe the TX to each one, it does sound hard , but really it is not , you manual will have in it all about binding and renaming the model. if you have a good R/C shop near you , they may even do it for you. that way you can use your tiger, then switch to another model and still keep all the settings.
best regards glen

p.s when you get the new RX ask about size of RX, you may only want a 4ch so cheeper
Hi Glen

Many thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Best wishes

John