2.4ghz Compatibility

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

blythmags

2.4ghz Compatibility

Post by blythmags » Fri May 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi everyone...

I am in the throes of rc'ing another 1/6 Kubelwagen, but this time I wish to add a 2.4ghz transmission.

I have butchered another Tamiya 1/10 "rising storm" and intend to use the standard 540 brush motor that comes standard with the car.

My question is that I understand that the Tamiya ESC( ESC TEU-101BK) which I was hoping to use, is not compatible with any 2.4Ghz set up for some reason ?.....so I'll need to change this before I proceed.

Can anyone recommend a fairly low cost ESC, 2.4 ghz receiver and transmitter I should use for the model given that the only functionality will be forward/reverse/steering ( I guess I only need a two channel system ?), although I may wish to add a Benedini sound system at some point.

Many thanks as always for your advice guys.... :)

Best wishes

John

Heer Hund

Re: 2.4ghz Compatibility

Post by Heer Hund » Sun May 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi John

I have a Gravel Hound chassis for my Kubelwagen, which has the same TEU-101BK ESC, and it works fine with a Futabe 6EX 2.4 Ghz setup. I can't think of any reason why 2.4 Ghz wouldn't work :?: I know there is an issue with some of Futabas 12 and 14 channel recievers not working with older servo's and esc's due to reduced voltage output, but that shouldn't affect your Kubelwagen. Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose :shock:

Best of Luck

Mick
I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.
Otto Carius. Commander 2nd Company sPzAbt. 502
1/6th Tiger 1 #217 sPzAbt. 502, Jadgtiger #114

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Sun May 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Heer Hund wrote:Hi John

I have a Gravel Hound chassis for my Kubelwagen, which has the same TEU-101BK ESC, and it works fine with a Futabe 6EX 2.4 Ghz setup. I can't think of any reason why 2.4 Ghz wouldn't work :?: I know there is an issue with some of Futabas 12 and 14 channel recievers not working with older servo's and esc's due to reduced voltage output, but that shouldn't affect your Kubelwagen. Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose :shock:

Best of Luck

Mick
Hi Mick...

Many thanks....as you say, I've already got the ESC and want to buy 2.4ghz so before I go and purchase another receiver, I'll give it a bash.

Best wishes

John

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 pm

blythmags wrote:
Heer Hund wrote:Hi John

Best of Luck

Mick
Hi Mick...

Many thanks....as you say, I've already got the ESC and want to buy 2.4ghz so before I go and purchase another receiver, I'll give it a bash.

Best wishes

John
Hi...

I meant to say before I go and buy another ESC ...not a receiver :oops:

Best wishes

John

tiger tank sean

Post by tiger tank sean » Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 pm

hi john
i have a futaba FF7C radio and like mick mine works fine with the kubel, and im using the same tamiya gravel hound esc................cheers sean
1/6th tiger-1 (mark-1-tank) 1/6th 251 halftack (mark-1-tank)

blythmags

Post by blythmags » Thu May 19, 2011 7:38 am

tiger tank sean wrote:hi john
i have a futaba FF7C radio and like mick mine works fine with the kubel, and im using the same tamiya gravel hound esc................cheers sean
Hi Sean

Great....cheers mate

Best wishes

John