40 meg to 2.4

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

COSWORTH44

40 meg to 2.4

Post by COSWORTH44 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:10 pm

i have just got a futaba 7c and wanted to put it into a mark 1 tiger,which has got the old brick controller in it.
the long and the short of it is i just put all the leads from the current positions into the new reciever but only got right toggle doing all the track motions on the one stick and bugger all else.i put the old reciever back in and now have again bugger all.would the old one need to be reset as there are no buttons on it.
any advice as i have a show at the weekend and it looks like it wont move.i had the usual both sticks forward etc for forward and the same for reverse and toggle for mg and recoil and blank.

thanks

paul
Mark 1, tiger 1 late 1/6 command tank Tamiya king tiger henschel & porsche versions Matorro king tiger , Heng long tiger 1 early & late steel wheel Tamiya jagdpanther & Heng long jagdpanther Heng long panther late version ALL 1/16

notadrop

Re: 40 meg to 2.4

Post by notadrop » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Paul

Give Mark himself a ring. He helped me when I changed to the new system. Sorry but I can't remember what he said now....but we got it working.

Cheers

Paul
Be bloody, bold, and resolute and damned be him that first cries 'Hold, enough!'

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 am

Hi,

If you've just disconnected and reconnected in the same place then you shouldn't need to 'reset' anything.

A couple of points with the 2.4, if it is an 'airplane' set then it should be straightforward, if it's a 'helicopter' set then not necessarily so. They are basically the same but programmed differently and you can change them from one to the other in the setup. For tanks you really want it set is 'airplane' as that avoids all the internal mixes that are set by default for heli's.

Secondly, depending on what the original set was, then the channel positions may be different - for example between Sanwa (I think) and Futaba channels 1-4 are in a different order, so the connections may need to go to different channel positions. Check the documents for which stick controls which channel (1-4), and you also need to set the 7c for which switch you wish to control which channel 5-7.
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV
1/4: KT

Colonel_Kramer

Post by Colonel_Kramer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Nope there is no reset for a 40mhz or 2.4ghz rx. However, you may need to bind the TX and RX before it will work on the 2.4 ghz, You will need to look at the owners docs for that. It's easy to know if they are bound as there is normally a light on the RX which will flash until it is bound and then go solid. Also if I am correct the old brick has hitec leads which are not the same colours as Futaba and no key on the plugs.

If it worked on 40Mhz and now won't, have you got the plugs around the right way? I can't remember but I think Hitec signal is yellow, where Futaba is white There would normally be a key on the top of the futaba plug so that the white signal wire is always at the top.

Hope that helps.
TwoR's -
MAASSCKT-1-TANK Tiger owner
UKTC Official Photographer
M-1-T Official Photographer
Nikon D3 and D2Xs user

COSWORTH44

Post by COSWORTH44 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 pm

many thanks all.i have bound the tx and rx.i think it is set as a heli.the right stick now seems to control motion forward/back and turn.i need this to go back to the use of both sticks.I might need to get it to the show on saturday some how and "play" with it there.
Mark 1, tiger 1 late 1/6 command tank Tamiya king tiger henschel & porsche versions Matorro king tiger , Heng long tiger 1 early & late steel wheel Tamiya jagdpanther & Heng long jagdpanther Heng long panther late version ALL 1/16

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 am

If it's set to 'heli' there is a MODEL TYPE helicopter symbol on the display top left next to the program number. If it's aeroplane then there is a fixed wing plane symbol.

To change the model type from HELI to ACRO (aircraft) see page 29 of your manual.
John

1/6: JS2, JagdTiger, 222, SdKfz7 Half-Track, 88mm Flak36, Sherman, Comet, T34-85, Firefly, Centurion, MkIV

COSWORTH44

Post by COSWORTH44 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:08 pm

how easy is it to change the stick channels.it is now in aircraft mode.

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 am

:? :? You can't "change" the 'stick' channels (1-4), you just plug the feed (esc or servo lead) into the appropriate channel socket on the receiver that you wish to operate that feed??? :o
John

COSWORTH44

Post by COSWORTH44 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 pm

well i,m up and running for saturday.There are a few things that need addressing.The recoil movement of the tank,whick is inaccurate anyway and the mg sound are now on the rotory switch which is ok,just need the elevation,transverse and the blank and it is done apart from a major rewire over the winter months.I got the info about the futaba positions from mark so if anyone needs them in the future I will keep them safe.