RC 2/5 Tank

For the serious discussion of RC Tank building and general engineering matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Alex_Tank

RC 2/5 Tank

Post by Alex_Tank » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Good evening UK Tank Club Community,

let me introduce myself: I'm Alessandro and I'm an Italian 19 yo model maker who recently decided to join the awesome world of tank model building.
Even if I'm a new member, I already have a nice project named UV-002 ("Ultra Vehicle-002", name that resembles the "Super Vehicle-001" from Metal Slug). It's gonna be a 2/5 RC Tank that I'll fund through the crowdfunding on Indiegogo (you can already read something about my campaign on my "Companions of Dreams" blog post "RC Tank Project campaign soon available on Indiegogo: Ultra Vehicle-002").

But I'll come to the point. As I'm a new member, I actually have no idea where should I start. I signed up in this great community because I'm sure I'm not the first person who has built a 2/5 RC Tank, so I was wondering if it was possible for you to help this poor young dude who wants to become a good model builder. :?

Before I can begin working on the Tank, I need to know if it's possible for you to share with me your experience and the following infos: :?:
- how much you had spent (in money) to buy and build everything
- the materials required and used
- the required components
- how you control the tank (wireless controller or something else?)

I hope to receive great support from so many experienced model builders (and, maybe, as soon as the campaign is available on Indiegogo, also some good support for it). :)

Meanwhile, I wish you all the best. :D

wittmann

Re: RC 2/5 Tank

Post by wittmann » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 am

Alex_Tank wrote:
- how much you had spent (in money) to buy and build everything
- the materials required and used
- the required components
- how you control the tank (wireless controller or something else?) :D
Hi Alex,
Cost, materials and components are dependant upon what scale the project is i,e 1/16=1/8=1/6=1/4. lf you want an all metal tank compared to a tank made of lighter materials like fibre glass or plastic then the cost will reflect this. Generally the larger the scale, the larger the cost, more materials and components etc.

Most R/C tanks are Radio Controled and again it depends on the size of the tank and what you want to do with it. The smaller scales usualy have four channel sets and the larger scales can have six or more channels.

Chris.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys....................Wins

Internet Doesn't Make You Stupid.., It Just Makes Your Stupidity More Accessible To Others

Just because your paranoid doesnt mean theyre not out to get you

And on the eighth day God created Miliput