Not sure if this will help or offend??!!

Post your links to useful web sites, suppliers or modeling sites.
Please include a short description so others can use the search facility.
***Please NO advertising and NO pictures***

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
***Please NO advertising and NO pictures***
Tanxalot

Not sure if this will help or offend??!!

Post by Tanxalot » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Please forgive me if I'm about to either offend anyone, or, show my newness / incompetence.
At the weekend whilst being dragged around the local shopping establishments (deep joy!!) I happened to be moseying around the Boyes toy section (wasting time more like) when I noticed a decent number of 1/18th scale FULLY poseable figures similar to GI Joe's. These were branded as "Power Team Elite" World Peacekeepers (yeah I know!!) and came in numerous "sets". I had a closer look and one set took my eye, a "Marine" group of three soldiers in camo dress, complete with an assortment of accessories such as a large Tank trap, a couple of backpacks, two jerry cans an opening box with shells inside, and several guns, etc. Now I know these are toys and nowhere near modellers standards, but for the bits alone it had to be worth...£3.99 surely. They even did solo figures with accessories for 99p, and they look really good alongside my new tank. OK they are not German dress, are modern image, but what the heck..they look cool. Just thought you might be interested, hope I havn't offended anyone with my newbie-ness. :?