Change Of Advertising Policy

Please post details of anything RC Tank or Model related items you have for sale, or anything you are looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Change Of Advertising Policy

Post by Humpy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:36 am

Gents,

In future if any advertiser has anything for sale can they leave a short description in their post with a link to their own webspace or website. We don't want to go down the road of making the For Sales and Wants section open to UKTC members only but the Forum should not be used as a shop window more a pointer to where products and services can be found. This removes the UKTC and it's representatives from being piggy in the middle!

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

Merlin Barnes

Post by Merlin Barnes » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:09 am

When does this new policy take effect, Mr. Illustrious Secretary??
It would appear that some "Outsiders" are extracting the urine--unless, of course, they are paying an extremely high rate for advertising their products on the UKTC web site. I hope that you can "do the business" and sort them out.

Cheers

Mel

tiger1john

Post by tiger1john » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:04 am

Humpy, surely they are suppliers of parts to our hobby? I do not understand the meaning of your post. Do all of the suppliers have to own a M1 or A tank in order to qualify, is that the meaning of your comment?

John
A mog a day helps me work rest and play

Humpy
Forum Administrator

Post by Humpy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:54 am

I have no problem with anybody advertising their wares on the UKTC Forum pages, whether they be a UKTC member or not, whether they're in the UK or not, I'm happy to help promote the hobby, what does annoy me is when the Forum is used as a shop window. If anybody's got anything for sale can they please keep to a brief description with perhaps one or two piccies and then a link to their own website/webspace. Anybody placing an ad in future which I think doesn't conform to this will have their ad deleted or edited as I see fit. If you don't like it, post your ad elsewhere :twisted:

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!

tiger1john

Post by tiger1john » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:37 pm

Understand, thanks
A mog a day helps me work rest and play

Merlin Barnes

Re: Change Of Advertising Policy

Post by Merlin Barnes » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:27 am

Anybody checked the advertising policy lately?? :roll:

Cheers

Mel

007Kiwi

Post by 007Kiwi » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:19 am

I have a question! When you post a link to your own pictures does that load onto the forum or does it just post the link and read from there to individuals PC's? Was wondering on bandwidth useages.....
Battlegroup
South Pacific

:techie-ebay:

ArmorpaxUK

Post by ArmorpaxUK » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:37 am

If you use something like Photobucket for hosting your pics the bandwidth usage is logged against your own photo account rather than the forum, this is why some pictures come and go as once that bandwidth is exceeded each month the Photo host will shut down until the following month, you can avoid this by using a paid premium package as we do that has a much larger bandwith allowance per month and if we exceed it we just get another charge rather than red x's,

hope this explains,

cheers

Dave
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Tracklayer

Post by Tracklayer » Mon May 14, 2007 1:08 pm

I agree with Dave, I use the paid premium package with Photobucket and find it is well worth the small cost.

Mike