Humpys Legend The Jagdpanther

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Spartan

Humpys Legend The Jagdpanther

Post by Spartan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:55 pm

I'll post this here, This is the famous Jagdpanther built by Stuart Humphreys some 10+ years ago, I know it needs very little but if I'm going to make it my own without offending is legend if you know what I mean and change it compleatly.
This I'm going to do between now and April 2017 and along side this I'm also going to be doing my HOOBEN ELEFANT Which I'm looking forward to getting started with its trick "NIGE SUSPENSION" Anyway back to the Jagdpanther, I will strip it down and replace anything that needs doing maintenance wise, then repaint it all with a new camo ( mountains of research to do) which started a few weeks ago, bits I know I'm replacing Allready,

1. Complete set of new TRACKS as these are heavily warn ice cleats have long warn off.(I'm Just fussy)
2. Replace all the ageing speakers 2x 8" subs and 2x mid range speakers. ( these are still ok just a cone damaged
3. Fit a decant smoker unit.
4. Fit working convoy lights.
5. Buy another figure that will be sat on the rear hitching ride , this will be static not like the other 2.

I think that's it for now , This may well be the last pic of it like this you will ever see I just hope I can do this amazing Jagdpanther some justice for a man that was an amazing modeller to say the least, I'm planning on some way of keeping the origanal identity of who built it by having the name HUMPYS LEGEND on the tank somewhere which may take a lot of thought I just hope I don't upset anyone doing this tank and builder an injustice.

Kind regards Andy

Rob

Re: Humpys Legend The Jagdpanther

Post by Rob » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:54 am

Spartan good morning,
It's yours and needs to be how you like it. Do it.
As to a decent smoker, have a look at the super smoker 4 , available from Australia ( mine took less than a week) on ebay most of the time. I've got two in the Chally and they really pump it out.

tiger tank sean

Post by tiger tank sean » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:57 pm

you can make the smoker yourself for less than £20 :D ......cheers sean
1/6th tiger-1 (mark-1-tank) 1/6th 251 halftack (mark-1-tank)

Spartan

Post by Spartan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Some updates 15/11

The tank is now almost stripped right down, I've repaired the light damage to the upper hull, and have given that 4 Coates of red oxide, and 2 Coates of Dark Yellow and is now put in the spare room away from the workshop so I can work on the lower hull.
On sripping down the lower hull I've found it needs 5 new tyres and 3 wheel bearings and 1 new motor as its almost seized but I'm going to replace both, So it should soon be as good as it was the day Stewart finished it.

Parts to be replaced

3 wheel bearings
5 tyres
2 motors
2 sub 8" speakers
2 tweets 2" speakers
1 smoke unit
List to date 15/11

Spartan

Post by Spartan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 pm

All back in one piece, loads of new parts, can anyone tell me where I can get a 1/6'scale German flag thanks andy

rivetcounter

Post by rivetcounter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I think some of the dolly’s came with them once upon a time possible Modellers Loft, the Hakenkreuz is hard to come by even on evil bay owing to its past not to mention its illegal in a number of countries try Field of Armour but be warned he only uses the most expensive form of postage and declares everything for import duty which means whatever you see will be more than twice the price by the time you get it.

It’s your tank but the Germans stopped displaying the Hakenkreuz flag on vehicles after the battle of Kursk, a Jagdpanther G2 from late 44 early 45 wouldn’t have this.
Werkstatt - 5
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Spartan

Post by Spartan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm