Vantex 1/6 Large Scale RC Model Tanks ?????

This is an Open Forum for respectful, civil and friendly discussions. The Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that we consider unsuitable, vulgar, abusive, racist or sexist . Please use these new forums and continue to enjoy our collective hobby. Any action taken by a Moderator is final and not open to discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Vantex 1/6 Large Scale RC Model Tanks ?????

Postby M5stu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Vantex 1/6 Large Scale RC Model Tanks i have seen these for sale and prices do not look to bad for electric and petrol version anyone know anything about them ? . they are doing 3 different versions of the sherman with a tiger and m36 tank destroyer to follow soon
M5stu

Re: Vantex 1/6 Large Scale RC Model Tanks ?????

Postby PanzerCommander » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/ar ... oject.html

Very informative.
From what I've seen and heard they are OK for the price (Between £1,000 & £1,500) but if you want a more accurate model then you will have quite a bit of work to do. There are plenty of after-market parts available here & in the US. I wouldn't entertain the petrol version for obvious reasons (fire, smell, risk, transport, etc) but mainly because of the horrible noise it makes. Using a sound module allows you to move the tank in & out without disturbing too many people.

Google Vantex for more forum threads for more points of view such as:

http://onesixthnet.yuku.com/topic/18162 ... _sR-lzHnrc

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... f=1&t=9287
PanzerCommander

Postby M5stu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 pm

hi panzercommander

cheers for the links will take a look these dont seem to bad for people starting off in the hobby and the prices wont put people off to much . may get a few more people joining our hobby ;)
M5stu

Postby rivetcounter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Some people expect a fully detailed dimensional correct model for £1500 this is just not going to happen this Sherman is what it is “Introductory level” it’s up to the buyer to improve as and where he sees fit if at all, it’s not like they are asking £5000 for this tank with it’s faults.
Stu, you have the right attitude towards this model, there are more than a few people who have spent more than £1000 on a Heng Long Tiger now that is what I call stupidity, my advice buy it direct from Vantex and not through Big Tanks.de they will have it sent direct from the factory without ever seeing it, warranty will be the same as Vantex, have fun.
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.
rivetcounter

Postby PanzerCommander » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 pm

rivetcounter wrote:Some people expect a fully detailed dimensional correct model for £1500 this is just not going to happen this Sherman is what it is “Introductory level” it’s up to the buyer to improve as and where he sees fit if at all, it’s not like they are asking £5000 for this tank with it’s faults.
Stu, you have the right attitude towards this model, there are more than a few people who have spent more than £1000 on a Heng Long Tiger now that is what I call stupidity, my advice buy it direct from Vantex and not through Big Tanks.de they will have it sent direct from the factory without ever seeing it, warranty will be the same as Vantex, have fun.

FYI there's been plenty of second hand tanks sold lately for £1500 or there abouts. Just a few months ago a M1T T34 sold for £850 on this very site. When you're talking £5,000 you are in the range of full METAL Armortek/Like tanks and not GRP ones. IMO the GRP ones are well overpriced so £1500 - £2,000 is around the right price. Also I don't think there would be many people in the WORLD spending £1k on a Heng Long Tiger so don't exaggerate.
I'll keep my head down waiting for the flak to explode from the biggest know-all in the 1/6 community.
PanzerCommander

Postby Bryan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 pm

From what I have seen all types of tanks featured have their pros and cons it is up to the individual to make their choice Good Luck with yours.........
Bryan

Postby rivetcounter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am

Alex, dear boy apart from being the forum “adgitator” you also constantly try to dictate pricing on new and used tanks not having built anything you are by no means qualified in this area perhaps you better stick to used cars.

Again showing your lack of knowledge it’s very easy to spend upwards of £1000 on a Heng Long Tiger simply replacing the Hull, wheels, tracks, sound and suspension will leave little change from £1000 then there are plenty of other detail parts you could add to the list and yes there are a number of people who have done just that they have only found out how much they have spent once they have toted up the bill to their surprise.

As for the Metal V GRP debate well its boarding you won’t find anyone interested.
UKTC European Coordinator
RAG Militärmodellbau
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.
rivetcounter

Postby Humpy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 am

Dont tell anybody but me and Howard are secretly making the new 1/4 scale Panther out of lollypop sticks!!!

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!
Humpy
Forum Administrator

Postby wittmann » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Humpy wrote:Dont tell anybody but me and Howard are secretly making the new 1/4 scale Panther out of lollypop sticks!!!

Humpy

Your full of sh**e.

Howard told me that you were too tight and wouldnt buy the lollies that the sticks were to come from. So he`s now having to build it out of Cornflake Boxes and sticky back plastic.

Cwissy
He Who Dies With The Most Toys....................Wins

Internet Doesn't Make You Stupid.., It Just Makes Your Stupidity More Accessible To Others

Just because your paranoid doesnt mean theyre not out to get you

And on the eighth day God created Miliput
wittmann

Postby [ICE]monkey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 pm

wittmann wrote:
Humpy wrote:Dont tell anybody but me and Howard are secretly making the new 1/4 scale Panther out of lollypop sticks!!!

Humpy

Your full of sh**e.

Howard told me that you were too tight and wouldnt buy the lollies that the sticks were to come from. So he`s now having to build it out of Cornflake Boxes and sticky back plastic.

Cwissy

This would explain seeing humpy going through the bin next to the ice-cream van :lol: :lol:
blitzkrieg panzer IV , mark 1 tiger II
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
[ICE]monkey

Postby Humpy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Sticky backed plastic? That takes me back. It was years before I realised sticky backed plastic was Blue Peter BBC speak for Fablon!!!

Anyway, ok, whats wrong with cornflake packets? Some of my finest creations have been made from cornflake packets :lol:

Humpy
UKTC President

Bryan The Bastard-JagdPanther 132, Ermintrude-SdKfz251 133, Thors Hammer Stug IV 135, Arwen 1/4 Panther 136, 137!!, Iveco 75R15 In Service!
Humpy
Forum Administrator

Postby Bryan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 pm

:lol: :lol:
Bryan

Postby wittmann » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Humpy wrote: Some of my finest creations have been made from cornflake packets :lol:

Humpy

Mmmm that explains why you got the sack from being the Head Designer at Wimpey Homes then.......... :D :? :?

Cwissy
He Who Dies With The Most Toys....................Wins

Internet Doesn't Make You Stupid.., It Just Makes Your Stupidity More Accessible To Others

Just because your paranoid doesnt mean theyre not out to get you

And on the eighth day God created Miliput
wittmann

Postby M5stu » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 am

chief designer on blue peter springs to mind :lol:
M5stu

Postby chieftain900 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 pm

oh dear the way this thread is going with sticky back plastic and cornflake boxes I fully expect to see full instructions on how to build Tracy Island very soon.
If you ain't Cav then you ain't
chieftain900

Next

Return to General Tank Chat